LPS12 Green Eyes

pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
edited September 15, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Green Eyes

1981504-621.jpg

I've been ridiculously busy lately, but I finally got some time to sit down and work on an entry. Let me know what you think.
pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section

Comments

• JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2007
    Green Eyes

1959561-276.jpg

I've been ridiculously busy lately, but I finally got some time to sit down and work on an entry. Let me know what you think.

This is interesting, but I think hurricanesteve beat you to this idea. I also think that the body language suggests wonderment or taken abackness (is that a word) rather than the aggresion inherent in envy or avarice. The shot needs a bit more menace. I really like the imagery in the eyes though, that's cool.
    Cave ab homine unius libri
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2007
    Justiceiro wrote:
    This is interesting, but I think hurricanesteve beat you to this idea. I also think that the body language suggests wonderment or taken abackness (is that a word) rather than the aggresion inherent in envy or avarice. The shot needs a bit more menace. I really like the imagery in the eyes though, that's cool.

I suppose they are a bit similar. Different sin, similar shot. Even the pano is the same (10:4). I guess I'll keep working on it.
  • JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2007
    You should rework it, but keep that idea about the eyes.
    Cave ab homine unius libri
  • hurricanestevehurricanesteve Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    I like EVERYTHING about this shot except the expression. do NOT let my shot sway your decision...i'm of the opinion that if you are inspired by another's work and do it better, more power to you (probably not a popular opinion, tho). if yours was not inspired by mine, then you're golden anyway. your post processing is beautiful...and the work on the eyes is really nice. Whether the shot still works with a "greedy" expression, i dunno.

for mine, i wanted to capture that moment when titus switches from appearing insane to telling tamora that she is eating her own sons. i imagined he got real close over a dimly lit table. Whether or not i captured that is debatable...i'm getting really good at shooting in low light only to later realize i don't have enough "information" captured to pull off all that i want to mwink.gif
    I like EVERYTHING about this shot except the expression. do NOT let my shot sway your decision...i'm of the opinion that if you are inspired by another's work and do it better, more power to you (probably not a popular opinion, tho). if yours was not inspired by mine, then you're golden anyway. your post processing is beautiful...and the work on the eyes is really nice. Whether the shot still works with a "greedy" expression, i dunno.

for mine, i wanted to capture that moment when titus switches from appearing insane to telling tamora that she is eating her own sons. i imagined he got real close over a dimly lit table. Whether or not i captured that is debatable...i'm getting really good at shooting in low light only to later realize i don't have enough "information" captured to pull off all that i want to mwink.gif

Thanks Steve. The expression was actually intended. I wasn't going for avarice, as mush as i was going for emotionless greed, as if he's almost mesmerized.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    FWIW, I love the shot. The love of money is the root of ....

Virginia

Email
  • nikosnikos Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    Flyinggina wrote:
    The love of money is the root of ....

Virginia

...running for election?
  • hurricanestevehurricanesteve Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    Thanks Steve. The expression was actually intended. I wasn't going for avarice, as mush as i was going for emotionless greed, as if he's almost mesmerized.

TOTALLY works on that level...zombie/slave to money.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    nikos wrote:
    ...running for election?

Laughing.gif. That too.

Virginia

Email
    OK, so how about a title:

1. Green Eyes (working title)
    2. You're A Slave To The Money, Then You Die (I like this one the best, I think)
    3. Slave to the Money ( =c/ )
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    I dig this shot.

I'd name it, "Slave to money, then you die"

Jesse
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2007
    I really like it too! I can't help but think that the message is too easily gotten. Does that make sense? Maybe more subtle could take the viewer in for a longer look.
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
    edited September 14, 2007
    Tessa HD wrote:
    I really like it too! I can't help but think that the message is too easily gotten. Does that make sense? Maybe more subtle could take the viewer in for a longer look.

Subtle isn't my strong suit mwink.gif
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2007
    I'd looked at this when you entered it, but have been out of pocket. I think the shopmanship on the image is really good, but the expression on the face is very relaxed, saying nothing to me; Justiceiro referred to I think the same thing as "body language." If you have time, I'd consider getting an image of this face that says something before you put the dollar bill into the eyes. Perhaps raised eybrows, or maybe in some way tilt the head back and have the eyes looking at the camera from above and to the side as though the looker is considering the value of something....
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..