The Stick (B/W)

Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,467 Major grins
edited September 13, 2007 in People
I'm not a "people person" (first post on this section)...but I do have two little girls...

This is my youngest daughter, Sarah as she was walking down a dirt road at the Merced NWR, Ca. Just one of those moments!

C/C or thoughts?

TheStick_post.jpg
The Stick ~ Merced NWR; Merced, Ca.
Canon 300D, 300mm f/4L IS, 1.4x, HH
ISO 100, 1/200 sec, f/8

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2007
    Nice one Mike! I like the lighting and the candidness of the shot. I should use my 300 f/4 more often for people shots. :D
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    I like it a lot! clap.gifthumb.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    The curve of the stick, mimicking her step is nice. The slender stick compared to her slender leg is cool. The gravel seems a bit contrasted, imho. The wrap of the fingers has a subtle comparison to the wrap in the feathering of the models hair. Thanks for sharing.
    Growing with Dgrin

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    Very nice. I like it for all the reasons outlined leaforte. In addition, I love the high contrast.

If this is a crop, I'm thinking it's been cropped just a little too much - too much tension between her feet and the lower edge of the photo. Just my $.02
  • CheriegCherieg Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    I like it alot!!!! people shots are my favorite.Like shots from the back like this too.nice job....and you are from the same town I am!
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    Great picture...would also agree on the crop...but otherwise a great shot. I would've like to see a little bit more road. The story line could be "A long and wonderful road ahead of her".

Not a people person? You have two daughters...show us more of your work with your daughters.

Good job, love the B&W conversion.
  • Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,467 Major grins
    This wasn't cropped. I think I have another shot that has some more space. My 300mm is my choice of lense because I like shooting candid shots with the kids and I'm in a wheelchair so sometimes I can't get close enough. I'll post a few more when I get a few minutes.

Cherieg- Small world! There's a few of us from the area. Three years ago me and two other D-Grinners went to the San Luis NWR too shoot some Elk.

Thanks everybody! thumb.gif