Options

Tyke on Bike

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,928 moderator
edited September 16, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
This kid couldn't have been more than three years old. His bike was battery powered, and really moved fast. I would guess there are all kinds of laws against this in the US, but he sure was one happy kid.

194880933-L.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2007
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    This kid couldn't have been more than three years old. His bike was battery powered, and really moved fast. I would guess there are all kinds of laws against this in the US, but he sure was one happy kid.

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Some toys are not toys, they are capable of causing serious injury.
    These little bikes are a classic example.

I like the Shot, the child does not look as young as you say, probably because of how he is dressed and the scale of the Bike.

Looks like he really knows what he's doing :D
    Hopefully his parents closely supervise his riding.

Great Shot Richard thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited September 13, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Some toys are not toys, they are capable of causing serious injury.
    These little bikes are a classic example.

I like the Shot, the child does not look as young as you say, probably because of how he is dressed and the scale of the Bike.

Looks like he really knows what he's doing :D
    Hopefully his parents closely supervise his riding.

Great Shot Richard thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Thanks, Skippy. Yeah, one problem with that shot is that there's nothing in it to let you judge the scale. This should help:
    169137806-M.jpg
    The other kid was on a normal toy that you push with your feet. Needless to say, he was dying of envy. rolleyes1.gif

Cheers,
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited September 14, 2007
    The kid's got all the right gear on EXCEPT for no gloves. That's a big nono, because if he falls, he can get some serious hand damage. :nono

Nice shot!

-joel
  • Options
    edited September 15, 2007
    kdog wrote:
    The kid's got all the right gear on EXCEPT for no gloves. That's a big nono, because if he falls, he can get some serious hand damage. :nono

Nice shot!

-joel

Good point, Joel. I'm guessing that the parents aren't the cautious sort. rolleyes1.gif

Cheers,
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    Cute picture Richard, but Joel is so right...stupid parents not putting protective gloves on those soft baby hands!!! I'm not so sure one that young should be riding it even with the right gear. rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    eek7.gif Very cool clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    saurora wrote:
    Cute picture Richard, but Joel is so right...stupid parents not putting protective gloves on those soft baby hands!!! I'm not so sure one that young should be riding it even with the right gear. rolleyes1.gif

Thanks, Susan. The first time I saw that little kid zipping around the plaza I thought the parents had to be insane. Gloves or no gloves, that's got to be dangerous. But hey, I just take the pics.

Regards,
  • Options
    eek7.gif Very cool clap.gif

Glad you liked it, Awais. thumb.gif
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2007
    In the US, as I am sure elsewhere, there are laws and then there is reallity.
    We don't see this on the paved streets locally but it is out there on the dirt tracks and mountain trails. Amazes me everytime I see the little ones allowed to put themselves at risk on fast machines. Still don't know what to think about it. On the one hand I am good with it. On the other where are his gloves? headscratch.gif
    Michael