just picturesjust pictures Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
edited September 16, 2007 in Landscapes
Thought this looked good against the clouds.1368439707_c0e4d8001d_b.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2007
    Amazing photograph
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    Nice Photo. I like the clouds in the background. Where is this? It doesn't look like the Vietnam Memorial in Washington D.C. unless they have changed it a lot since I was there.
  • Options
    Jester, It's in Little Rock Arkansas.
  • Options
    zackerzacker Registered Users Posts: 451 Major grins
    cool... great photo, love the sky, might i suggest darkening it up a tad, maybe adding a vignette to give it a more somber mood.. great sky, this isnt a layered or HDR'd image is it?
    http://www.brokenfencephotography.com :D

www.theanimalhaven.com :thumb

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
  • Options
    zacker wrote:
    cool... great photo, love the sky, might i suggest darkening it up a tad, maybe adding a vignette to give it a more somber mood.. great sky, this isnt a layered or HDR'd image is it?
    yes it's an hdr
  • Options
    well, good job, I like it!!

Visit us at: www.northeastfoto.com a forum for northeastern USA Photogs to meet. :wink

Canon 30D, some lenses and stuff... I think im tired or something, i have a hard time concentrating.. hey look, a birdie!:clap
  • Options
    JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2007
    Jester, It's in Little Rock Arkansas.

Thanks...maybe I'm not going crazy after all....then again?
  • Options
    nahhh not crazy at all...

now sometimes i feel a little nutz-o, like when im shooting a shot of a memorial that isnt even a memorial yet..lol I call it "Waiting For A Hero" because its a base, three flag poles and a spot for a plaque..lol !

161267575-M.jpg

• Options
    chopskychopsky Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    You didn't ask for critique, but I'm going to give my opinion anyway.
    I knew this was HDR the second I saw it. That's probably not such a good thing. Most of the time the effect is overused to the point where the lighting just doesnt feel real anymore. I'd be interested to see how one of the original exposures looked.
    Currently Using:
    body: canon 400d
    lenses:
    50mm 1.8 & 10-22mm

Grant Shapiro Design & Photography
  • Options
    thanks chopsky.. yeah this is definetly NOT one of my faves as it was way to dark out, very early morn on a realy overcast day, i went out to get breakfast and saw this and couldnt "NOT" stop and shoot it..lol wish the clouds were a bit nicer to me though, oh well, cant win em all right? As for the original shots.... no good. way to dark. it was just one of those times you see something and you shoot it even though you know its not gonna be what you want it too. As for HDR in general, I like to go the opposite way, i didnt buy the program to make "just another photo" i bought it to expand my photography as one does by buying actions and such. I am getting bored with traditional photos now i think, im looking for something else to do with them and this one just fell flat on its face...lol

• Options
    surlysurly Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    I think the sky is killer :D
  • Options
    chopskychopsky Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2007
    zacker wrote:
    thanks chopsky.. yeah this is definetly NOT one of my faves as it was way to dark out, very early morn on a realy overcast day, i went out to get breakfast and saw this and couldnt "NOT" stop and shoot it..lol wish the clouds were a bit nicer to me though, oh well, cant win em all right? As for the original shots.... no good. way to dark. it was just one of those times you see something and you shoot it even though you know its not gonna be what you want it too. As for HDR in general, I like to go the opposite way, i didnt buy the program to make "just another photo" i bought it to expand my photography as one does by buying actions and such. I am getting bored with traditional photos now i think, im looking for something else to do with them and this one just fell flat on its face...lol

Um...I wasn't referring to your photo. I was referring to justpictures.
    Currently Using:
    body: canon 400d
    lenses:
    50mm 1.8 & 10-22mm

Grant Shapiro Design & Photography