Bee in flight.

D.RodgersD.Rodgers Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
edited September 17, 2007 in Holy Macro
Got lucky with this ,he popped in to my viewfinder so i shot it under exposed.
I used d.lighting and levels to save it but ,I wish I could get rid of the noise in the bokeh.

Any tips for photoshop 7 to fix it :dunno
beeflightcopy.jpg

Comments

• couriermancourierman Registered Users Posts: 402 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2007
    i'd leave it,it makes the bee stand out more, good shot to thumb.gif
    Click here to see >>>>My Photos :photo

Canon EOS 40D, MP-E 65 2.8, Sigma EM-140 DG
    Canon EOS 400D Firmware 1.1.1,EF-S 18 55,EF 28 105,Sigma 150 EX DG APO macro,Sigma 70 300 APO DG
  • tuggnettuggnet Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited September 13, 2007
    Very nice! I'd be putting that one on the wall.

Good job!
  • drdanedrdane Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2007
    D.Rodgers wrote:
    I used d.lighting and levels to save it but ,I wish I could get rid of the noise in the bokeh.

Any tips for photoshop 7 to fix it ne_nau.gif
    Nice catch, Dave! clap.gif I recently shot about 100 frames trying to catch a bumble bee in the act (of flying), and managed 2 or 3 that were decent. I've had much better luck with honey bees, for some reason.

Regarding the noise (I hate it when that happens!), I've had to deal with it often, with the Rebel 300D (the 40D is about 60-70% cleaner!).

You can soften the effect by selecting the noisy areas, to within about 3-4 pixels of the bee and flowers and feathering that selection about 2 px. Then apply Gaussian Blur (Filter) of a few pixels. Actually, I'd just blur the whole thing first, to see if you like the effect on the noise. Watch for banding with the GB, though.

Good Luck!
    Dane
    Dr Dane :rofl
    Celebrating the essence of Nature, the Human Spirit, and the Divine Presence in all
    http://www.drdane.smugmug.com or:
    http://www.inner-light-images.com