Nintendo's Donkey Kong contest on SmugMug!

Ham1Ham1 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
edited September 16, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hey all,

Nintendo selected SmugMug to help rollout their newest Donkey Kong Jungle Climber game! :clap

They are running a contest at www.dkcontest.smugmug.com. They want people to create their own version of Donkey Kong scaling something.

You need to go check it out and enter. You could win a DS Lite and a copy of the new game. :thumb

SmugMug employees will be the judges.

Markham

Comments

• SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2007
    WHere do you get the Donkey Kong image?
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2007
    I submitted an entry, but still haven't seen it posted to the "entries" yet...
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Lee MasseyLee Massey Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    Seneca wrote:
    WHere do you get the Donkey Kong image?

That wasn't clear to me either? ne_nau.gif

Lee
  • MarkToddMarkTodd Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    Lee Massey wrote:

Lee

I think you're just expected to draw or otherwise obtain one. Maybe google an Donkey Kong image?
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    Just get it from the Contest http://www.dkcontest.smugmug.com/gallery/3327850 "how to" Page...it is a .png format
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Ham1Ham1 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    Lee Massey wrote:

Lee

If you read the "How to Play" page (http://dkcontest.smugmug.com/gallery/3327850) Nintendo would like you to create your own version ideally. Just taking and re-purposing the other one is fine too, but you score some creative points if you create you own.

Thanks,
    Markham
  • JFreemanJFreeman Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited September 16, 2007
    So in Paragraph 7 of the rules where is says says,

"All entries and materials submitted to Sponsors in connection with the Contest(collectively, Entry Materials), along with all copyright, trademark and other proprietary rights associated therewith become the sole property of Sponsors upon submission."

Does that mean that they then own the copyright to the underlying image (the materials) that you might slap DK onto and you wouldn't be able to use that image for anything else?