Options

Raw workflow with CS3, Lightroom, Neatimage, PTlens

The SwedeThe Swede Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited September 13, 2007 in Finishing School
I'm getting ready to process 400+ raw files from a recent trip. Many were taken with the Sigma 10-20 and at higher ISOs, so they will need distortion correction (PTlens) and noise reduction (Neat Image). I have adjusted them to my liking in Lightroom, and now need to perform the other operations. This is what I have in mind:

1. Import into Lightroom and adjust as desired. Turn off noise reduction and sharpening.

2. Export as tiffs and batch process in PS for distortion and noise.

3. Re-import tiffs into Lightroom and perform sharpening and export as jpegs.

Is this how any of you would do this or should I use Bridge? Should I hold off on adjusting the files until I re-import them as tiffs? Can I create a droplet and have Lightroom start this process on export?

It seems there should be an easier way. Maybe we just need plugins for Lightroom :wink

Comments

• Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2007
    Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. You've got to make the round trips in LR to do other functions, those finished rendered images are now included with the originals in the database. Might want to make a collection or in some way make it easy to find originals and new iterations.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/
  • Options
    arodneyarodney Registered Users Posts: 2,005 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2007
    Should I hold off on adjusting the files until I re-import them as tiffs? Can I create a droplet and have Lightroom start this process on export?

I'd do all the big rendering work on the originals before going into Photoshop. After you render, try not to do any further so called corrections in LR, you'll have to make a copy of that 2nd image with the new metadata instructions.

In the Export dialog, there's options as to what you want LR to do After Export. You can call up a droplet for example.
    Andrew Rodney
    Author "Color Management for Photographers"
    http://www.digitaldog.net/