LPS 12 Forgive Me........

imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
edited September 14, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
How's everyone doing?Great entries so far, pressed for time but had taken these today with a willing participant. Don't worry she pulled through

Red

195269729-L.jpg

Blue

195269768-L.jpg

Black and White

195270108-L.jpg

Any thoughts?

THanks in advance........

Joe

Comments

• LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2007
    Love the little details and composition. thumb.gif The red version really does it for me. Makes it feel like its in some seedy motel with the neon lighting from a vacancy sign flooding in. It adds to the desperation for me.
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2007
    I like it. As far as the colors the first too are just too saturated. I think it should be in color but maybe a bit more subtle.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2007
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Love the little details and composition. thumb.gif The red version really does it for me. Makes it feel like its in some seedy motel with the neon lighting from a vacancy sign flooding in. It adds to the desperation for me.
    15524779-Ti.gif Great shot.
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    I like it. As far as the colors the first too are just too saturated. I think it should be in color but maybe a bit more subtle.

Yup. What he said. I like the color, just not so much.

Jesse
  • imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    Llywellyn wrote:

That is exactly what we were going for (Seedy Hotel) And unfortunately toning it down just doesn't give it the same feel. So this is the one I entered I appreciate the input.

Joe
  • mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    imax wrote:
    That is exactly what we were going for (Seedy Hotel) And unfortunately toning it down just doesn't give it the same feel. So this is the one I entered I appreciate the input.

Joe

Love the red, I got the same impression right away. Perfect imagery for the scene that is set.thumb.gif
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    indiegirl wrote:
    Yup. What he said. I like the color, just not so much.

Jesse

ditto thumb.gif
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    Hey Joe...Nice work...Like 1 and 3

The red signifies to me blood, turmoil, the volatile and turbulent thoughts in her head. The red that has fallen on the crucifix is somewhat a religious interpretation to me "Blood of Christ", how he died for our sins, and what she has done or is doing is a sin, once again although in "symbolism" he dies again for her.

The b/w signifies the abyss that she has fallen in to, due to her darkened thoughts, she is lost, lonely, she knows no other way to pull herself out an up, again another interpretation of the "crucifix" because of the highlighting it proves that even in your darkest hours you are not alone.

Yeah, I know I'm whacked Laughing.gif but that is what I saw.

Nice job interpretation on both compositions!!
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • 3phase3phase Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    Red shot is my fav, makes me think this takes place in some seedy hotel in the red light district - Nice work:D
  • Gary GlassGary Glass Registered Users Posts: 744 Major grins
    I like all three. Each suggests a different tone. The red suggests seedy depravity. The blue suggest somber despair. The black and white suggests gritty finality. All depends what you want to portray!

My only complaint is the title. Sentimental titles turn me off. On the other hand, I'm not a judge, so take that for what it's worth.

All in all, a clever and well-executed narrative composition. Good on ya.