Options

This sucks

John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
edited March 1, 2005 in Cameras
I been thinking about purchasing another 20D.Last week CC had a web special for $160.00 instant savings + no interest till 07/06.So I thought,what the hell,Ill get it.
Today I go back and now its $80.00 instant savings and $40.00 rebate,no interest for 12 months.
Bummer,so I call them and ask if I could get last weeks special.Sorry we cant do that errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:cry

Comments

• Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    Ya gotta quit yer snoozin'... :tough

Time to keep your eyes open... deal.gif and I will too.
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    MHJS wrote:
    I been thinking about purchasing another 20D.Last week CC had a web special for $160.00 instant savings + no interest till 07/06.So I thought,what the hell,Ill get it.
    Today I go back and now its $80.00 instant savings and $40.00 rebate,no interest for 12 months.
    Bummer,so I call them and ask if I could get last weeks special.Sorry we cant do that errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:cry
    What was the price after discount?
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    Its was the kit 18-55 for $ 1439.00,but the kicker was no interest till 07/06
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    MHJS wrote:
    Its was the kit 18-55 for $ 1439.00,but the kicker was no interest till 07/06
    how's $704 sound?
    or $718?

i've purchased from both outfits. went okay.

ah...crap. that was for the drebel. sorry. i don't know what i was thinking. hang on...

okay...here or here?
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    brooklyn scammers
    fish wrote:

one *could* get lucky of course (as fish demonstrated) at ibuydigital.com but they seem to be one of the brooklyn scammers, and i usually advise folks to stay away. $700 for the camera, 100 for the bodycap, 100 for the battery, 100 for the instruction manual, etc etc yada yada.....

here's there store and here are the rest of the crooklyn scammers

caveat emptor deal.gif
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    andy wrote:
    one *could* get lucky of course (as fish demonstrated) at ibuydigital.com but they seem to be one of the brooklyn scammers, and i usually advise folks to stay away. $700 for the camera, 100 for the bodycap, 100 for the battery, 100 for the instruction manual, etc etc yada yada.....

here's there store and here are the rest of the crooklyn scammers

caveat emptor deal.gif

oh really? yeah, i musta gotten lucky. trust andy on this one.
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    fish wrote:
    oh really? yeah, i musta gotten lucky. trust andy on this one.

I've had good luck at buydig.com
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    DavidTO wrote:
    I've had good luck at buydig.com

yes, david. buydig.com is different. they're not one of the brooklyn scammers... i was talking about ibuydigital.com

easy to confuse, so i wanted to clarify for folks
  • Options
    Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    At some of those camera places in Brooklyn, it looks like you can actually walk in and buy from them. How do they scam you if you walk in?
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    Red Bull wrote:
    At some of those camera places in Brooklyn, it looks like you can actually walk in and buy from them. How do they scam you if you walk in?
    Grey market... Refurb... And, they're not there 5 or 6 months down the road when you have a question.