Options

Baltimore City Corner

zweiblumenzweiblumen Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
edited September 17, 2007 in Landscapes
St. Paul & 28th
Baltimore-01.jpg

This kind of angle is new for me. I guess I could have just put my camera on the ground, but I had the tripod with me :dunno .

Let me know what you think, and thanks for looking!
Travis

Comments

• Options
    surlysurly Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited September 14, 2007
    BW is a nice idea for this shot
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2007
    I like your conversions - you're really getting the hang of it!

Honestly I can't decide if I like the starbursts on the left or if they're too distracting. The subject matter is great but I don't know if I like or dislike the triangular nature of this composition.

I think that a bunch of street shots at night would make a great series. Of course, you could easily risk your life doing so in the city, though maybe not in this part of town (maybe a severe case of Chipotle overconsumption and a few too many free computer desks). :D
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2007
    Beautiful shot
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    zweiblumenzweiblumen Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2007
    surly - Thanks for looking, and I appreciate the input.

Schmooo - I was concerned about the starbursts from the headlights also, but croping them out looked really bad to me... You lost sense of what was happening in the shot. That's one of the things I was looking for opinions on. As for the series, yeah I need to go hit up a few more corners (must keep away from the tranie-hookers though). And I have no idea what that guy was thinking when he offered the desk. I guess a couple of photographers sitting no the ground at a street corner are OBVIOUSLY in need of a desk! rolleyes1.gif

Awais Yaqub - Again, Thanks for looking :D
    Travis