I am new to this so I need some help!

kwaichikwaichi Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
edited September 14, 2007 in Cameras
Hi, I just start to get into photography lately and I am ready to get a DSLR. Based on my budget, I am down to two cameras....canon xti and nikon d40x. I did some research but couldn't find a lot to seperate those two. I need some opinions on how straight forward those cameras are, which one take better portrait photos, and lenses options. I notice that the nikon only has AF when you have the AF lens on. But most of the nikon lenses are cheaper the canons. So what do you think? I appreciate you inputs.

Edward:thumb

Comments

• BBiggsBBiggs Registered Users Posts: 688 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2007
    kwaichi wrote:
    Hi, I just start to get into photography lately and I am ready to get a DSLR. Based on my budget, I am down to two cameras....canon xti and nikon d40x. I did some research but couldn't find a lot to seperate those two. I need some opinions on how straight forward those cameras are, which one take better portrait photos, and lenses options. I notice that the nikon only has AF when you have the AF lens on. But most of the nikon lenses are cheaper the canons. So what do you think? I appreciate you inputs.

Edwardthumb.gif

Either one is really nice! I presently am using a XTi and love it. It seems at this time canon has a better lens selection. I would go to a store and hold them and see which one you like more. The Xti is pretty much the same size as the D40x.
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2007
    Either one will do the job for you. Best thing to do is go down to the camera store and try each one out. Go with the one that handles best for you.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"