Football Pictures Opinion

Code4Code4 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited September 15, 2007 in Sports
I started photography this year and want the pro's Feedback on how its looking and what I can do to improve, I promise it wont hurt my feeling thanks in advance.
187817193-S.jpg

OK that going to do it for me, I want some feedback and I promise it wont hurt my feeling thanks in advance. :wink

Comments

• Code4Code4 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited September 15, 2007
    193144451-S.jpg
    Ok this is it I hope you like it thanks again.
  • bobcoolbobcool Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    Welcome to Dgin, Code4!

I'm no pro by any means, but I have a few tips:
    • When shooting pee-wee football, always get down low at their level so you get more crowd and/or sky in the pic. It also makes their faces more visible.
    • Speaking of faces - there's some golden rules to shooting football
      • Get the players' faces if you can
      • Get the ball in the picture
      • Crop or zoom in close
      • Put your camera on servo mode and take bursts of pics during a key play - you'll usually get a keeper or two out of each bunch
    I hope this helps! There's also some popular equipment recommendations, but I'll let someone else tell you about that...:ivar
  • rusticrustic Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    Hi Code4, and welcome!

I would second everything that BobCool said, and add that you might want to try to watch your backgrounds. Someone with more experience than me could give better ideas, but I would say maybe try to find a shooting location where you'll be able to get some action but not have a distracting background and park yourself there. You could also just open up the aperture a bit more to decrease the depth of field and thus blur out the backgrounds.

Did you blur #3 in pp? It works well to draw attention to the player on the left, but the fact that his legs are blurred while his upper body isn't, and that the guy and chair in the background are only half blurred makes it seem kinda weird.

Hope that helps!
    Code4 wrote:
    I started photography this year and want the pro's Feedback on how its looking and what I can do to improve, I promise it wont hurt my feeling thanks in advance.

OK that going to do it for me, I want some feedback and I promise it wont hurt my feeling thanks in advance. mwink.gif
  • wmstummewmstumme Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    Code4--Rustic is right about opening up your aperture and shortening the DOF. Could you please post you exif for these shots--would help in making some suggestions.
    Regards

Will