face portrait!!!!

remyremy Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited September 26, 2007 in Holy Macro
1385109407_a1e6afe166_o.jpg

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2007
    wow this is beauty loved the eyes
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • remyremy Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    wow this is beauty loved the eyes

thanks for the comments!!!!!!!
  • PhilHPhilH Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    This is brilliant, what fantastic eyes clap.gif
  • windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    remy wrote:
    1385109407_a1e6afe166_o.jpg

its an incredible image

troy
  • AlliecAlliec Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited September 16, 2007
    Love the eyes..awesome shot.

Alistair.
    thanks Phil H,Windoze & Alliec!!!!!!!!!! really appreciated!!!!!!!

RegaRDS,,

Remy!!
  • perspexartperspexart Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    owesum

nice work
    really great

Canvas Print
    http://www.fruit-art.co.uk
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    Wonderful hoverfly shot- those eyes!
    Brian V.
  • DonnaMcDonnaMc Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
  • drdanedrdane Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2007
    remy wrote:

Great shot, Remy! (or should I say "stack of shots?").

Are you using the MPE-65? I would guess that from the magnification and sharpness.

Nice work!
    Dane
    Dr Dane :rofl
    Celebrating the essence of Nature, the Human Spirit, and the Divine Presence in all
    http://www.drdane.smugmug.com or:
    http://www.inner-light-images.com

edited September 17, 2007
    drdane wrote:
    Great shot, Remy! (or should I say "stack of shots?").

Are you using the MPE-65? I would guess that from the magnification and sharpness.

Nice work!
    Dane

Hello!! and thanks for the comments!!!! No!!!!!!! I didnt!!! I wish I could have the MpE65!!! but I use a 100mm Canon with 34mm ext tubes mounted on my rebel xt!!!!

Best regards,,

Remus
    edited September 18, 2007
    remy wrote:
    Hello!! and thanks for the comments!!!! No!!!!!!! I didnt!!! I wish I could have the MpE65!!! but I use a 100mm Canon with 34mm ext tubes mounted on my rebel xt!!!!

Best regards,,

Remus

I probably have the same lens, the 100mm macro f2.8? I use tubes sometimes, but it seems to get a bit soft on me if I go over about 20mm extension. I'd say yours looks pretty darn good for that lens with 34mm of extension!

Dane
    Celebrating the essence of Nature, the Human Spirit, and the Divine Presence in all

edited September 19, 2007
    drdane wrote:
    I probably have the same lens, the 100mm macro f2.8? I use tubes sometimes, but it seems to get a bit soft on me if I go over about 20mm extension. I'd say yours looks pretty darn good for that lens with 34mm of extension!

Dane

Hi!!!! yes !! I guess is the same lens(Canon 100mm F2.8) but depends what apperture did you used!! I usually use between F8 to F14 and all the shots are handheld!!! this hoverfly was big enough to shoot him with just 34 mm ext tubes!

Regards

Remy!
    edited September 20, 2007
    remy wrote:
    Hi!!!! yes !! I guess is the same lens(Canon 100mm F2.8) but depends what apperture did you used!! I usually use between F8 to F14 and all the shots are handheld!!! this hoverfly was big enough to shoot him with just 34 mm ext tubes!

Regards

Remy!

Hi, Remy - you appear to be blessed with a steady hand! I try to brace against something whenever I can, but get diminishing results handheld if I venture much below 1/100 sec - perhaps 1/50 is OK with a decent brace.

A few years ago I did some DOF tests to see what I could count on for different apertures. (now I've forgotten where I put my records!headscratch.gif) I noticed that the image got notably fuzzier as I stopped down from f8, or opened up about f5.6. I haven't broken it down to 1/3 stop tests yet, but I am curious as to exactly where the "sweet spot" is for my 100 macro.

I was stunned to find this as I'd been taught that the smaller apertures gave the best DOF - this is true, but it comes at a price. That price is a loss of sharpness, and if you are stopping down with lower magnification, a big increase in the background distraction factor. So f11 is about my limit (most of the time). Brian (Lord V) has said the same thing in this forum in not so many words.

But getting back to your hover fly - I am just flat impressed with the sharpness! Would you mind sharing the type and amount of sharpening you added in processing this one? I guess you might not have the specifics, as Photoshop doesn't usually save such info - but general recollection would be useful.

Blessings,
    Dane

edited September 20, 2007
    drdane wrote:
    Hi, Remy - you appear to be blessed with a steady hand! I try to brace against something whenever I can, but get diminishing results handheld if I venture much below 1/100 sec - perhaps 1/50 is OK with a decent brace.

A few years ago I did some DOF tests to see what I could count on for different apertures. (now I've forgotten where I put my records!headscratch.gif) I noticed that the image got notably fuzzier as I stopped down from f8, or opened up about f5.6. I haven't broken it down to 1/3 stop tests yet, but I am curious as to exactly where the "sweet spot" is for my 100 macro.

I was stunned to find this as I'd been taught that the smaller apertures gave the best DOF - this is true, but it comes at a price. That price is a loss of sharpness, and if you are stopping down with lower magnification, a big increase in the background distraction factor. So f11 is about my limit (most of the time). Brian (Lord V) has said the same thing in this forum in not so many words.

But getting back to your hover fly - I am just flat impressed with the sharpness! Would you mind sharing the type and amount of sharpening you added in processing this one? I guess you might not have the specifics, as Photoshop doesn't usually save such info - but general recollection would be useful.

Blessings,
    Dane

Hi again Dane!!!!! first thing:I didn´t tell you that I usually use an external flash(430ex speedlite) wich gaves me the opportunity to use a small apperture(F8,F11&F16) with a high speed sincro(200/sec)and for that reason most of the pictures looks sharp.even when you use all of three ext tubes(68mm) the external flash will help you.
    About Photpshop processing;I always make smaller adjustment curves,saturation and about sharpness I use filters "smart sharpen" but no more 1,5 radius.try shooting always in RAW!!!
    finally,,,I never use tripod in my macro session!!!

Regards,,,

remy
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited September 24, 2007
    Very cool shot. Good work. thumb.gif

Cheers,
    edited September 24, 2007
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    Very cool shot. Good work. thumb.gif

Cheers,

Muchas gracias por su comentario!!!