Options

hey andy, DINNER!!!

Charlie BrownCharlie Brown Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
edited March 2, 2005 in Holy Macro
so this is what i made for dinner tonight, with the mess in the kitchen cropped out.

16682089-L.jpg

i know its not a good shot, not is the plating especially good. but it is a photography site, so i thought id post a pic.

cb
I can only hope to progress to the point of one day being a second rate photographer, wish me luck.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    so this is what i made for dinner tonight, with the mess in the kitchen cropped out.

16682089-S.jpg

i know its not a good shot, not is the plating especially good. but it is a photography site, so i thought id post a pic.

cb

awesome! thanks for the second dinner BURP
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    hey no problem, it wasnt much work. i didnt even use the zoom.

cb
    I can only hope to progress to the point of one day being a second rate photographer, wish me luck.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    hey no problem, it wasnt much work. i didnt even use the zoom.

cb

by the way, i think it's a fine shot. shooting food from the side, of course, you only get about one bite in focus, i like my entire meal in focus :D
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    andy wrote:
    by the way, i think it's a fine shot. shooting food from the side, of course, you only get about one bite in focus, i like my entire meal in focus :D

thanks
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    did you boil the chicken, then drizzle some teriyaki sauce on it after it was on the plate?
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 28, 2005
    fish wrote:
    did you boil the chicken, then drizzle some teriyaki sauce on it after it was on the plate?

no no no, marinated in a nice mission fig olive oil mixture, thats a fig/red win reduciton you see. risotto. and blanched veggies.

you know better than to ask me if i used teriyaki.

cb
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 1, 2005
    Lookin Good Charlie ^5
    I bet it tasted good too rolleyes1.gif

There's no need to apologize about your food shot. There are no "bad" food shots, IMO.....lol Plus, it's always good to follow Andy's lead and take pics of everything you eat. That way if the doctor wants to know what you might have ingested that caused your stomach ache, you've got the prints in your back pocket:lol :lol :lol

Nice shot and FWIW, I thought it was teriyaki too :uhoh

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2005
    I bet it tasted good too rolleyes1.gif

There's no need to apologize about your food shot. There are no "bad" food shots, IMO.....lol Plus, it's always good to follow Andy's lead and take pics of everything you eat. That way if the doctor wants to know what you might have ingested that caused your stomach ache, you've got the prints in your back pocket:lol :lol :lol

Nice shot and FWIW, I thought it was teriyaki too :uhoh

Steve

yeah the sauce, wich is really me just deglazing the pan with some red and some shallots and fig slices looks alot darker int he pic than it actually was, which i think is odd considering the bright colors of the veggies.

cb
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited March 2, 2005
    yeah the sauce, wich is really me just deglazing the pan with some red and some shallots and fig slices looks alot darker int he pic than it actually was, which i think is odd considering the bright colors of the veggies.

cb
    Tell us IN ADVANCE next time so we can beat a path to your door thumb.gif

When you use words like "deglaze" and "reduction"; we think you're like
    a god in the kitchen or something :D

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?