Rookie question

woundedmallardwoundedmallard Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited September 19, 2007 in SmugMug Support
OK, I know I'm not getting it. Uploaded several images and still really feeling my way around. Uploaded some more this evening in the same fashion as the others but they opened up with tons of artifacrs. In addition some of the previous images now had srtifacts as well.

I deleted those recent uploads and will try again. Does it all boil down to me setting the sRGB before uploading. Can that make the difference?

Tom Dunkerton
Titusville, Florida

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2007
    Hi Tom, and wave.gif welcome!

How, exactly (leave nothing out) are you processing these files before you upload them to us?

ear.gif
  • woundedmallardwoundedmallard Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited September 16, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Tom, and wave.gif welcome!

How, exactly (leave nothing out) are you processing these files before you upload them to us?

ear.gif

Thanks Andy!

Open them :D , in CS3, I shoot RAW but usually by-pass ACR. Little levels, shadow/highlighrts when needed, touch of saturation, crop to suit. I try to leave as large as possible. Snap the smart sharpen, sometimes USM maybe 50% on average. Save to jpeg then, when I get a bunch I'll upload'em.
    In addition, when saving as jpeg, I save'em at 10.
  • woundedmallardwoundedmallard Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited September 19, 2007
    I've uploaded 2 with no sharpening at all. Helps that they didn't need much, if at all. But should I or should I not sharpen. Doe sthe shop sharpen the image befroe printing?