some pictures ive taken...

Charlie BrownCharlie Brown Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
edited March 4, 2005 in People
these are just some pics ive taken...

7163697-L.jpg

7163696-M.jpg

7517640-L-1.jpg
I can only hope to progress to the point of one day being a second rate photographer, wish me luck.

Comments

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 28, 2005
    Nice shots Charlie. Co-workers? A&F models? are you hiding in one?
  • Charlie BrownCharlie Brown Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Nice shots Charlie. Co-workers? A&F models? are you hiding in one?
    from the top. Tom, Sam and Owen. i used to work with them. im too ugly for pictures.
    I can only hope to progress to the point of one day being a second rate photographer, wish me luck.
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2005
    Tom, Sam and Owen - are wonderful 'models' :-)
    And you've made very good photos. Maybe two things, if you don't mind, I'd recommend you:
    1. As you can see, more 'appropriate' background is needed.
    2. Try to set your camera to full zoom (not digital) and make your composition/frame 'by feet' - stepping closer/farther.
    As (maybe) you know, I don't like flash - so try to take out them outdoors, with natural light, choose the place with far away backgroung, set F to max open (for blured background in DOF), zoom to maz and...
    Sorry for such a lesson, not sure I'm the one to give it to you. Waiting for your portraits,
    Yuri
    http://pautov.viplast.ru

from the top. Tom, Sam and Owen. i used to work with them. im too ugly for pictures.
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2005
    I pretty much agree with Yuri, but sometimes you gotta have a flash. When you do try to learn to defuse it somehow, etither by bouncing or putting something over it. If it's a fancy off camera flash, you probably can swivel it somehow to bounce it. If it's a built in flash, try making something out of white paper and cardboard and scotch tape. I've used this former technique with great success on P&S cameras. An amazing amount of light escapes even through a piece of index card. But you can also leave the top open to bounce off the ceiling.

16876875-L.jpg

16876832-L.jpg
    If not now, when?
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2005
    Tom, Sam and Owen - are wonderful 'models' :-)
    And you've made very good photos. Maybe two things, if you don't mind, I'd recommend you:
    1. As you can see, more 'appropriate' background is needed.
    2. Try to set your camera to full zoom (not digital) and make your composition/frame 'by feet' - stepping closer/farther.
    As (maybe) you know, I don't like flash - so try to take out them outdoors, with natural light, choose the place with far away backgroung, set F to max open (for blured background in DOF), zoom to maz and...
    Sorry for such a lesson, not sure I'm the one to give it to you. Waiting for your portraits,
    Yuri
    http://pautov.viplast.ru
    Thats such simple wonderful advice.. I'm using it for sure Yuri clap.gif
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2005
    these are just some pics ive taken...

I like them all and agree with Yuri re the backgrounds... very cute guys too..hmmmrolleyes1.gif
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 4, 2005
    rutt wrote:
    I pretty much agree with Yuri, but sometimes you gotta have a flash. When you do try to learn to defuse it somehow, etither by bouncing or putting something over it. If it's a fancy off camera flash, you probably can swivel it somehow to bounce it. If it's a built in flash, try making something out of white paper and cardboard and scotch tape. I've used this former technique with great success on P&S cameras. An amazing amount of light escapes even through a piece of index card. But you can also leave the top open to bounce off the ceiling.

Good tips Rutt! I love pennytech solutions. Now who do you prefer, Mr. Wizard or Bill Nye??? lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]