Can I copy my pic fm 1 gallery to another?

DaCDaC Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
edited September 16, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Kind of new to SmugMug, if this has been discussed please point me in the correct direction.
I have taken SmugMug to their word and shot the world. The families on my daughter's crew team think I'm great but it is really SmugMug that is great. In with all the average shots are some that I like - a lot. I have started building a gallery of the shots I like best. I would like to leave this gallery open for comments. Can I make a gallery that points to a picture(s) that I have already loaded on SmugMug or copy a picture from one gallery to another? Please note, I do not want to "move" a photo. There are photos that I would like to exist in more than one gallery. I am looking to save the time of up loading the picture a second time.
Thanks in advance,
John

Comments

• PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2007
    DaC wrote:
    Kind of new to SmugMug, if this has been discussed please point me in the correct direction.
    I have taken SmugMug to their word and shot the world. The families on my daughter's crew team think I'm great but it is really SmugMug that is great. In with all the average shots are some that I like - a lot. I have started building a gallery of the shots I like best. I would like to leave this gallery open for comments. Can I make a gallery that points to a picture(s) that I have already loaded on SmugMug or copy a picture from one gallery to another? Please note, I do not want to "move" a photo. There are photos that I would like to exist in more than one gallery. I am looking to save the time of up loading the picture a second time.
    Thanks in advance,
    John

I give my favourite photos a keyword of "best", and use the keyword search to show them in a separate "gallery".
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    DaC wrote:
    Thanks in advance,
    John

The only way to copy a photo to another gallery is to use Make 2nd Copy to make a duplicate copy in the gallery it's in, then move the 2nd copy to another gallery. This will give you the result you want and will avoid re-uploading, but you have to do it in these two steps.

Also, if you don't use passwords, you can use keywords to add a keyword to the best shots and then you can create a virtual gallery that shows just the images with a particular keyword. Search for "keyword" and "virtual gallery" here in dgrin and you should find several previous discussions of this concept.

I personally, just tag my favorites on my computer and then upload them again to a "highlights" gallery since that's been the simplest in my workflow.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • DaCDaC Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    Thanks.
    Both posts help a bunch. Most of my pictures are locked because they are of friend's children (teens but still kids) so I do not think I will be able to use the keyword idea. I often find myself away from my home computer where the shots are stored. Making a second copy then moving it will do the trick.