Options

Info/Announce: Sideload.php (seeking input)

plymptonplympton Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
Hello all,

Here's the comment section from a bulk-transfer app that I'm in the process of writing using the API. Since it's not going to be done in a day, I figure I could get some input from the other hackers on the forum. My main interest is in getting folder-organized photos from some computer (local, or remote) into SmugMug. One of the technical problems that I'm trying to overcome is that SmugMug only has galleries, and no true sub-galleries. Since a folder structure can go N-deep, if you have over 1 level, what do you do?

The workaround appears to be Categories, and Category view - you view the categories (top level "gallery"), which views sub-categories ("sub-galleries") which then views the galleries associeted with that sub-category.

Unless I'm missing something, sub-categories can't have sub-sub-categories, right?

If anyone knows of a workaround for this (I found something that forces for Journal mode for arbitrary gallery viewing, but I don't think that will work for me - I want as little manual entry as possible - kinda like rsync for SmugMug).

Anyway, attached is the comment section.

Any help - thanks!!
-Dan