Options

Need help roating 153 shots CCW using PS 7.0

renay johnsonrenay johnson Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited September 18, 2007 in Finishing School
I usually export from the Canon DPP software to a file for the event but it takes a long time. The shots I did vertically show up correctly in the DPP software, but since I transferred from the card reader to the file, the vertical shots are one their side and need to be rotated CCW. I KNOW HOW TO ROTATE a shot in PS, but is there a way I can rotate 153 shots at the same time instead of one by one? I have PS 7.0.

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited September 16, 2007
    I usually export from the Canon DPP software to a file for the event but it takes a long time. The shots I did vertically show up correctly in the DPP software, but since I transferred from the card reader to the file, the vertical shots are one their side and need to be rotated CCW. I KNOW HOW TO ROTATE a shot in PS, but is there a way I can rotate 153 shots at the same time instead of one by one? I have PS 7.0.

Sort of. You need to record an action that consists of opening a file, rotating it, saving it, then closing it. Then put all the files that need rotating in a folder. Then use File->Automation->Batch. Select your new action, select the folder as both source and destination, check override file options, and click OK. It will still take a while, but you won't have to babysit the process.

Cheers,
  • Options
    BinaryFxBinaryFx Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2007
    Are these images JPG files?

If so, there are more than a few apps that offer lossless rotation, rather than decompressing/rotating/recompressing again they simply rotate the pixels without decompressing the image first.

Google "lossless rotation of jpg", one free app that does this in MS Windows is Irfanview.

I am not sure if these apps are faster or not for this task.

Stephen Marsh.
    http://members.ozemail.com.au/~binaryfx/