Options

Park

bonniejobonniejo Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
edited September 28, 2007 in Landscapes
Went to the park yesterday for a birthday party. Got some pics of the park.

park062.jpg

park075.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited September 22, 2007
    No one really? I thought it was good...........
  • Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    hi bonniejo!

Please dont take this as a critique but rather as a friendly advice. so heres my view on your photos. While your photos may be technically good they dont really 'live'. rolleyes1.gif

for example: your photo with the rose and the fountain. I assume the rose is the main subject of the photo with the fountain as background/context. We see the rose you were trying to capture from the back so that doesnt atract the attention it deserves and furthermore there are a number of elements that distract from the rose like the OOF background that is still in focus enough to be distracting, and the branches on the right. its hard to see what you want to depict and it just doesnt draw you in.

I think you should look a little more into the hardest and most fun part of photography; the process of "creative photography" like angles, rule of thirds, composition, depth of field, storytelling etc. to make your photo's speak to us. Look up these things on Dgrin and you will find a wealth of information! thumb.gif

If you can, reshoot the scene and before you press the shutter, compose the image, try some different angles, play with it a bit and most importantly try to envision what you want your photo to look like/what it is you want us to see, feel, think etc. Post them here and im sure there will be lots of people who will want to share their thoughts with you about it. It's a learning curve, but thats the whole fun part about photography right? clap.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    hi bonniejo!

i've just visited your website and i saw a very interesting shot. the shot of the sunset sky with the trees. in my opinion this is a very cool shot and it really draws you in. Of course because of the colours, but also because of the silouttes of the trees that give it context and the diagonal lines of the clouds in the picture that create a dynamic feel. thumb.gif
  • Options
    SpeedieSpeedie Registered Users Posts: 173 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2007
    If I may be so bold as to whip out a couple of your other shots which are in my view outstanding, and show that you have the abilities Chrissiebeez refers to:

139736624-M.jpg

141393657-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 27, 2007
    Sorry I have taken so long to respond to the comments on my picture.
    Chrissiebee, thank you for your view of my picture and the advice on looking at the tuts and other helpful hints. I for one, really like this picture (the one of the roses and the fountain) but your comment made me some what diappointed that I can't see my mistakes in taking pictures. I have a lot of trouble compossing my pictures or trying to give them a "feeling". I see something interesting or pretty, I take a picture of it, to capture the moment. God provideds the scene, I just take a picture of it to preserve the moment. Maybe I am not a "true" photographer, but I like to think I take some good pictures.
    Speedie, thank you for looking at my gallery and letting me know what your favorites where. I like those best too.:D
    If I sounded grouchy in this post, I'm sorry...its been a long week. Laughing.gif
  • Options
    edited September 28, 2007
    hi bonniejo!

sorry for replying so late but i lost track of this thread!

dont think negative about yourself! iloveyou.gif You posted your photos in here to show them to the world and to learn from other people critiques. Thats a perfect way of learning about photography. i also have a lot of photos which i find beautifull because they represent something that is valueable to me like a nice memorie, a person i love or just something associated with that. For example:

101780647-L-1.jpg

i shot this photo in at le mont st. michel in france two years ago with an awfull nikon coolpix 3100. It was a very beautifull evening and somehow the choire's (?) and beautifull cello music made it very emotional. My battery was nearly dead and i managed (by warming the batteries up with my hands!!! eek7.gif) to take this one shot of the view from there. Now i'm very very glad that i took this picture because it reminds me of that night and i can relive that moment.

The problem is that other people dont know those things.. and in order to try to convey some of that feeling to the viewer you have to use some of the tools somewhat 'steer' the viewer toward what you would like the viewer to see, feel, think etc. Reading into those things (mentioned before) will make it more easier to make other people as enthoustiastic about your pictures as you are clap.gif

i hope this helps and you will keep posting your shots!