gluttony options

JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
edited September 16, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have posted this as my entry:

196489515-L.jp

But I think I may like this other shot better.

Is it obvious in the second shot what is going on (can you see the syringe in the shot?"

196498793-L.jpg

Or perhaps this one?

196491199-L.jpg
Cave ab homine unius libri

Comments

• GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2007
    With the first image, you may want to darken the syringe area as it took me quite a while to see it. The second shot would probably have taken even longer, although a 10:4 pano crop, darkening the syringe a little and perhaps even a vignette may help. The last image is quite hard-hitting, but I find the lightness in the legs distracting. Perhaps cropping some off the bottom would make the focal point even stronger.

Best of luck!
    Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    I kind of like the third image the best as far as composition, but technically, I'd make it BW, then boost the contrast, and particularly making the volume of black in the subject be more than it is in the first one.

My added content: And I say to increase the black volume because I fugure you are taking a serious view on the subject, and IMO there should be no gray area on the right or wrong in expressing it.
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    The first thing I noticed in your submission was the horns in the hair, and the devilish eyebrows . I almost even see fangs, induced by the first two prompts. Great capture. Sad. But a factual capture of a person living their life.
    Growing with Dgrin

• TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    Great Shots Justiciero...Many Memories of friends now departed due to the gluttony of wanting to say "High" and "Lost" and "Forget" everything.

I think, I see the reason for the very white skin, dark eyes..."No Soul"...Drugs have consumed their being...They are the "Walking Dead" sort to speak (no offense to your model).

"The White Horse has consumed many, it knows no gender, it does not discriminate, it does not care of your status, rich, old, young, single, married, or divorced, it has destroyed many relationships Parent/children, wife/husband, siblings...I tell you, beware the White Horse, for once you feel its caress, YOU will Love No Other!! "
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
    Per your suggestions:

196560750-L.jpg

196569659-L.jpg

I like this crop a lot better

196571022-L.jpg

I think I prefer it in color. Can't really say why.

Of the three, which one should I go with? I like the "horns" look on #1 (the current entry), but #2 looks a tad more graphic.
    Cave ab homine unius libri
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    #2 hits the hardest for me out of the second bunch. Like the new crop on it too.
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6