Options

I don't want a beating.

MaldonMaldon Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited September 18, 2007 in Dgrin Forum Support
What is Digital Grin? Who owns it? How old is it? Wassit allabout? I notice SmugMug (bless their little hearts) are "sponsors" (is that right?). I am a pro member of SmugMug and I access DG through that site. Is there another way.
Is there a "manual", explaining DG? I couldn't find one, but did find a few people bleeding from hits in the ear 'ole because they'd done something wrong.
I'm not good with pain, so I want to avoid a kick.
If there's a "manual", sorrry, just point me at it. But no ear' ole hits for my stupidity, please.
I love DG by the way -- I just need to understand.
And where did that name "Digital Grin" come from.
TKU much.

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,931 moderator
    edited September 17, 2007
    Maldon wrote:
    What is Digital Grin? Who owns it? How old is it? Wassit allabout? I notice SmugMug (bless their little hearts) are "sponsors" (is that right?). I am a pro member of SmugMug and I access DG through that site. Is there another way.
    Is there a "manual", explaining DG? I couldn't find one, but did find a few people bleeding from hits in the ear 'ole because they'd done something wrong.
    I'm not good with pain, so I want to avoid a kick.
    If there's a "manual", sorrry, just point me at it. But no ear' ole hits for my stupidity, please.
    I love DG by the way -- I just need to understand.
    And where did that name "Digital Grin" come from.
    TKU much.

A good place to start is the FAQ, which you can see by clicking on the link in the bar across the top of the Dgrin page.

Oh, and for the most part we're a pretty friendly group here, so relax. wave.gif

Cheers,
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    Hi Maldon,

Welcome to Digital Grin wave.gif

Yes, SmugMug 'sponsors' this forum, but that doesn't mean it is for smuggers only! We are the friendly photography neighborhood on the net, and everyone is welcome! You can share photos, ask for advice on photography, or on SmugMug if you want, comment on other people's photography, participate in the contests and share your journeys.

We don't have a 'manual', really. Just browse around, and post where you want and feel happy.
    See my signature below on how to do most anything around here. If you have any questions, let us know!
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    G'day Maldon & welcome...we are a photographic forum which was set up by the owners of Smugmug because they love photography as much as we all do.

Whilst Digitalgrin heavily supports Smugmug as you will see in the lower sections of the forums main page...it certainly isnt a prerequeset (sp?) for one to be a member of Smugmug to participate in here. We welcome all.

Thats it really.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    Maldon wrote:
    but did find a few people bleeding from hits in the ear 'ole because they'd done something wrong.

really? Where - we don't really like to hear this.

wave.gif welcome to Dgrin :D
  • Options
    MaldonMaldon Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited September 18, 2007
    Contrition
    Andy wrote:
    really? Where - we don't really like to hear this.

wave.gif welcome to Dgrin :D
    Along the way, I've read the odd comment correcting/educating people, such as "use this forum only for ...." or "please go here to discuss that...". Being new, I want to make as few errors as possible through ignorance of procedures and so on, hence my seeking guidance. Did I exaggerate? Ah... yes. Quite a lot. Handled the truth carelessly, one might say, to the point of fabrication. But seriously, Andy, it was an attempt at being funny which has backfired and, from your tone, caused offence. It looks like in trying to avoid mistakes, I've made one. Please accept my apology.
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    We are bunch of people who love clicking and respect each other bowdown.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    Maldon wrote:
    It looks like in trying to avoid mistakes, I've made one. Please accept my apology.
    lol3.gif no offense taken, and no apology needed :D

I thought maybe I needed to :whip someone that's all naughty.gif