Options

The light was nice

LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
edited September 18, 2007 in Landscapes
so I stopped and joined several hundered other folks taking pictures.

196692207-O.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2007
    It's a truly spectacular subject when that manyshots can be taken and it still isn't old.

Good capture LA.

-Jon
  • Options
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    It's a truly spectacular subject when that manyshots can be taken and it still isn't old.

Good capture LA.

-Jon

Thanks. Despite the fact that I live only 15 miles from the bridge I haven't taken many pictures of it. I think that's because it is hard to find something it I haven't seen before.
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    Wow...you're right! The light was very nice! And the sail boat just tops it off. Beautiful capture! clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    Ned FNed F Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    I like this a lot.. the light and sailboat make the image for me..
    Ned Fenimore
    Portland, Oregon
  • Options
    edited September 18, 2007
    Elaine wrote:
    Wow...you're right! The light was very nice! And the sail boat just tops it off. Beautiful capture! clap.gif

I was headed home from the city around 4 PM after shooting Grace Cathedral for LPS#12 (among other things) when I saw that despite patches of fog over the hills, the sky was clear west of the bridge. I went on home resolving to come back for sunset. While the fog was rolling in for the afternoon, that patch of clear sky held on long enough for me to catch it. About 10 minutes after I took this shot, the bridge was in full shade. When I stopped the car, I saw the boat was heading toward the bridge. It was a real rush to put the 70-300 on the camera and frame the shot. I didn't have time to get out the tripod, so I handheld the camera, squeezed off 3 frames as the boat passed under the span and prayed to the IS gods. The lens did a great job and this frame is sharp enough for poster sized prints.

Some days fortune smiles.
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    Kenneth,

Doesn't matter how many times that bridge has been shot, your shot is a very nice shot and one to be proud of.

Great work...
    Randy
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    It is a beautiful shot. I was saying that although there are probably millions of photos of the GG bridge (and other famous structures), sometimes it doesn't matter if you don't have one that you took on your own.

The constantly changing weather is a both a blessing and a curse. Blessing, in this case. I love the way the clouds are framing the bridge at the top, and the sailboat is the icing on the cake.