Latest Try at Sr Pics

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited September 20, 2007 in People
Well, I haven't posted anything for a while here, but got a chance to go out yesterday for another round of senior photos for my oldest daughter. I have more to come, but would like opinions on this first. I am usually very conservative in my PP, but I think she might be happier with something that has mor punch. This is what I came up with. Any thoughts? C&C?....especially on the PP would be appreciated. I am mostly worried that I went too far with it.

Shot with 400D, and the plastic fantastic in late afternoon sunshine.

I used my newest toy quite a bit yesterday, the 580EXII, but still have a ways to go before the two of us become good friends!!

196990870-L.jpg

Comments

• cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2007
    I really like this shot: pose, light, composition. The only problem is the eyes are out of focus. The whole shot brings attention to the eyes, and they should be absolutely tack sharp. Try it again, and focus on one of the eyes, or try some unmask sharp on just the eyes.

edit: well I tried it on another monitor...and I am just not sure...they don't jump out at me saying 'sharp!!"...anyone else...
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2007
    She is really beautiful! I don't think you went too far on the PP. If I HAD to nit-pick, I might say that the detailing on her shoulder draws my eye just a bit, but I love the comp and colors! Please share more! clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    15524779-Ti.gif with the above - on all counts. The PP is perfect for her complexion/skin tone.

Another nit is the two strands of hair on the right side of her face.
  • Deadeye008Deadeye008 Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    Very nicely done. As mentioned above, the shot would look even better if you could emphasize the eyes a little more.
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    I absolutely LOVE this shot. The colors are fantastic. I love the way the background has a cool tone to it, plays so nicely off her pale pink lips and green eyes (sure, a bit of selective sharpening could improve, but not absolutely necessary IMO).

Great light, composition, expression and style. I am in awe how even the light is on her face.. i'd say you and the 580 are getting along nicely!! bowdown.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    Thanks everyone....bunches. I plan to work on these shots tommorrow. I tried another version with sharper eyes, but the skin tones weren't quite as nice as this one, and the eyes almost looked too sharp for the rest of the photograph....as in cut and paste too sharp even though they weren't. So I decided that I have to find some middle ground. Hopefully tommorrow I can make it work, AND get some of the others polished up as well. I didn't get as many keepers as I normally would have because I was forcing myself to use the new flash. This one was taken without any flash. The even light coming from concrete surfaces in almost every direction. I also plan to get rid of the flyaway hairs on her face.

Thanks again.
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2007
    No images ? ne_nau.gif
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2007
    JimM wrote:
    No images ? ne_nau.gif

Sorry. I took it down after I reworked it.

Here is a link to the set.

http://http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=71705

And here is the photo that the post was referring to....reworked.

197821066-L.jpg