First post here on Digital Grin!

Deadeye008Deadeye008 Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
edited September 19, 2007 in People
Well, I just found this site and I have to say that I'm impressed! Here are some shots of my boy and my wife that I took in our backyard the other day. Let me know what you think. Thanks for looking.:D
IMG_0546web.jpg
IMG_0548web.jpg
IMG_0551web.jpg
IMG_0553web.jpg

Comments

• CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2007
    Welcome. Beautiful family you have there. The background of #1-3 is a bit distracting since the stem of the plant seems to come out of the neck of your kid. You might want to clone that out or blur the background. Nice smiles in #4. All 4 can benefit from a closer crop to remove some of the distracting background.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • ArchiTexasArchiTexas Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    Comments
    I agree with the previous comments. I'm not a big fan of cropping people at the thigh. This seems especially true w/ young kids that are so small already. Try either a full body shot (where you can see all the way down to the shoes) or a waist level crop - so that you can't see the legs, you could always do a facial zoom of course. Also try to bring out the skin tone on the shots of your son w/ photo correcting software - most packages can do that for you. I like that your son is playing with the flower, it's a nice touch and provides visual interest.

Rgds
    http://erfphotoart.com

Olympus E510 and Gigapan mount
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    Welcome to DG!! What a cutie pie your son is and a good looking wife. Thank you for sharing your shots here with us. Bring on some more clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Pixel PopperPixel Popper Registered Users Posts: 280 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif I agree with what the previous people mentioned about the technical aspects of perfecting these shots, and they are all fairly simple fixes. But I do have to say you did a great job in capturing the essence of the moment with these. Your son's expressions are just priceless and that's what you'll remember far longer than whether the shot was technically perfect. I still think you should apply the advice given by previous posters, but congratulations on catching the right moments.
  • Deadeye008Deadeye008 Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    Thank you all for your comments. Its funny the things we don't notice until someone else points them out. Keep 'em coming!
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    Sweet!

IMG_0553web.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    Nice expressions. Thanks for sharing. I've learned a lot here. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.