Options

A Brooklyn Original

JusticeiroJusticeiro Registered Users Posts: 1,177 Major grins
edited September 18, 2007 in Landscapes
September 9th was the official end of the 2007 season at Coney Island. The cyclone is closed, and the developers are closing in. If you have Shots in memory of our dearly departed, let us post them here. We shall not see her like again.

185704554-L.jpg
Cave ab homine unius libri

Comments

• Options
    edited September 18, 2007
    93117912-L.jpg

93119365-M.jpg

93119636-L.jpg

93119479-M.jpg

185705387-L.jpg

145802657-M.jpg

145803380-M.jpg

This one is Weegee's. Really captures the spirit of the place.

http://www.tokinowasuremono.com/photo-viewtocity/Weegee%5BConey%20Island%5D.JPG
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    Wait, what?? Developers? I am so out of the loop. Is it the end of the season or the end of it altogether?

This sucks because a friend invited me to shoot the Coney Island burlesque show the Friday I went up there (Labor Day). And I turned it down because I was arriving too late.

:bluduh
  • Options
    schmooo wrote:
    Wait, what?? Developers? I am so out of the loop. Is it the end of the season or the end of it altogether?

This sucks because a friend invited me to shoot the Coney Island burlesque show the Friday I went up there (Labor Day). And I turned it down because I was arriving too late.

:bluduh

the cyclone and, I believe, the Ferris wheel are protected landmarks. But the land under them, as well as the rest of the land, was sold to developers who wanted to tear everything down and build condos. This is the end, man.

An interesting article in the Gothamist.