Options

MS Intellimouse Crashes Photoshop CS3

Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
edited September 19, 2007 in Finishing School
Just thought I would let this small cat out of the bag. After installing the software for my new Microsoft Keyboard, I suddenly found Photoshop CS3 crashing incessantly...at almost every key stroke.

After the initial vexation waned, I found the answer on the Adobe Web Site. It seems that there is a conflict between Microsoft's Intellipoint mouse software and Adobe's Photoshop CS3.

Once I removed MS's Intellipoint mouse software, Photoshop CS3 worked flawlessly, and my mouse, using a generic driver, works fine.

There are other issues on the Adobe site that can cause CS3 problems.

Hope this keeps someone from having the same problem as me.
Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed

Comments

• Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited September 18, 2007
    You really didn't want to use a Msft mouse did you?:D

Don't you love stuff like that that they slip in on you?

I bought 2 160Gb drives for XP a few years ago ( one for the OS and one for data ) and they both crashed and burned because they required special drivers in early Win XP. That information was hidden way at the bottom of a page of small type on the Western Digital website. I'm still not happy about it as you can tell:D rolleyes1.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2007
    pathfinder wrote:
    You really didn't want to use a Msft mouse did you?:D

Don't you love stuff like that that they slip in on you?

I bought 2 160Gb drives for XP a few years ago ( one for the OS and one for data ) and they both crashed and burned because they required special drivers in early Win XP. That information was hidden way at the bottom of a page of small type on the Western Digital website. I'm still not happy about it as you can tell:D rolleyes1.gif

I have a stack of Intellimouse and keyboard discs somewhere from my PC days (I had amazingly bad luck with Logitech.). I liked MS's hardware a lot, but there software was literally useless -- the generic drivers Windows loaded did a much better job without the bloat.