Options

another b-ball

jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
edited March 3, 2005 in Sports
tried to get this one a little straighter and some action .is this a bit better did not work on the level until it was pointed out to me thanks for the tip Jeff
Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited March 1, 2005
    This one is very nice Jeff thumb.gifthumb.gif

Don't sweat the tilt. As I mentioned in another of your threads, it happens to all of us ne_nau.gif Plus, it's a lot worse when you are shooting in portrait orientation, because the frame is so skinny :uhoh I've lost some nice shots, that once corrected, cut off part of the action headscratch.gif That's just one of the challenges that make this type of shooting so much fun mwink.gif

I like the action you captured here. You also captured the shooter's face and the ball well. I don't know if you saw Ann McRae's post, last week, about what makes for a good soccer shot (which pretty much pertains to all ball/puck sports). She was told to try to capture Faces, Ball, Action, and Contact (the way I see it, pretty much in that order too). You nailed 3 out of 4 clap.gif

Good work and thanks for posting,
    Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited March 1, 2005
    Jeff, I think you did good here!

Every thing Steve said plus, the expression on the shooter's face is one of
    concentration and enjoyment.

Good work!

ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2005
    thanks
    Thanks for the kind words guys ,but it was way to much fun shooting the kids! I did not take the extra batt was i mad the second half no shots .I think you get a feel for the game as you shoot .This kid was on the other team but i am going to send him a print thanks again for the kind words next is base ball that was the last game Jeff:):
    Jeff W

• Options
    MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    Jeff...
    Nice catch! Anytime you can get a younger player out in the open like that and facing you-you have done well, very well. thumb.gif

Nice timing, lighting, processing as well. I thought it was funny how you said he was "on the other team". I have a few of those as well-lol. My wife is like-"why did you shoot him\her?" Well...if the shot presents itself, take it there is no "team" in sports photography!

Looking forward to seeing more of you work.

Take care.
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2005
    Mongrel wrote:
    Nice catch! Anytime you can get a younger player out in the open like that and facing you-you have done well, very well. thumb.gif

Nice timing, lighting, processing as well. I thought it was funny how you said he was "on the other team". I have a few of those as well-lol. My wife is like-"why did you shoot him\her?" Well...if the shot presents itself, take it there is no "team" in sports photography!

Looking forward to seeing more of you work.

Take care.
    I know what you mean same comments i get that is what i ment by a feel you follow them up and back and soon its like you are playing i blocked his shot with my camera rolleyes1.gif thanks for the feed back bball is done baseball for the boy now and all night games this will be photo class 1o1 Jeff
    Jeff W

• Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    jwear wrote:
    tried to get this one a little straighter and some action .is this a bit better did not work on the level until it was pointed out to me thanks for the tip Jeff
    Hey Jeff,

This one of your best shots. Nice work. thumb.gif
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"