Football

DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
edited September 28, 2007 in Sports
well its kinda mixed in with the school event that we had before it. Every year we have a huge bonfire before a big game against our rivals. well this was that night. only saved a couple on my card to bring home from school but heres what i got. I think my football game is improving:D

FOOTBALL:
197553803-L-1.jpg
(from last game cause i forgot to put it in the other thread)

197554061-L-1.jpg
i like this one becasue i remember how i got it. i followed the quarterback and saw he was looking my way. then i just followed his eyesight and saw this guy getting ready. just got lucky honestly.

BONFIRE:

197557986-L.jpg
Fire was huge. Biggest i've seen in the 3 years i've gone and it was really a funny site seeing the firemen with grins watching it burn.

197558461-L.jpg
(all the band guys wear their aviators)

C&C Welcome as always,

Thanks

DanielB
Daniel Bauer
smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• JoeLJoeL Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2007
    Im not too sure what type critique your looking for.. If these are snapshots you are keeping for your personal photo album or scrapbook and you are happy with them then by all means keep them so you will have a reference point to look back on as you improve.

First image is way too cluttered and the feet are cut off, if it had all the feet you may be able to crop tight around the ball carrier and end up with a fair snapshot.

Second image is out of focus, no faces no feet or legs, needs to be cropped just behind the back of the eagles player but without the full body length shot with no legs and feet its really no good unless it is the game winning touchdown in the endzone while the buzzer is sounding.

Third image..just a snapshot, you would have needed to be there to appreciate what its trying to say..

Fourth image... another snapshot that unless you know the person thats wearing the glasses or were at the event its useless, and it would have been much more appealing if the model had a better complexion.

Just an honest opinion, you cant get better without positive critique..
  • ccpickreccpickre Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2007
    Actually, they're pretty appealing to me. I liked the black and white. I liked the one of the glasses.

As for complexion, if they was looking for photojournalism critique would you still talk about the complexion? Because if you would, that's just an opinion based on societal standards about beauty/

As to the last one, I think it's my fave. What we see is a student watching a bon fire. And anyone who A: has been through high school and B: went to homecoming knows a high school bonfire when they see it. The glasses say it all to me.

Besides, whether they're snapshots or not doesn't change them in any way. You should critique the technique before you try to teach her the subjective part of the art.
    Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2007
    Hi Daniel, I know you are looking for help so I'll be kind. In the first shot I would crop out the two guys on the left. Otherwise the photo is okay. In the second photo it is OOF (Out of focus). I would also crop out the ref. I see nothing wrong with the B&W. I can see what you are trying to do. And the last one is okay also. I see that you are trying to convey the reflection in the glass, not her complexion.

It looks like you have a nice spot on the field to take pictures. Just keep at it. You will get better and better as you keep shooting. There is a lot of good help here on DGrin. Just keep shooting and showing us your stuff.

What Camera and lens are you shooting the football with?