MY First AP Photo!!!

ccpickreccpickre Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
edited September 19, 2007 in People
I'm excited, I had my first phot submitted to the AP last night. Now people all over the world are going to be able to see the photo I took of a kid with a flagpole coming from his head. Isn't that awesome? :D

Anyway, the story was that a student passed away after complications from an Epi pen after an allergic reaction to what they believe was seafood (they're still not sure what caused the allergic reaction). Well, the school paper couldn't get any photos from people or get permission to run any. It just so happened that I had photographed him last week for a 9/11 candlelight vigil, so I had photos of him. When I was photographing the memorial on campus, I found out it was the same guy (There can't be that many Muslim students with the last name of the Roman God of Wine Bacchus). So I asked around, and found out I had pictures, the editor was excited about that, and next thing I knew they were talking AP.

I guess it sounds kind of selfish in light of the circumstances, but I'm still excited.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2007
    Congratulations! even though it is a sad subject. I hope this opens many more doors for you, as I really enjoy your photojournalistic touch.
  • mpauliempaulie Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    That's a pretty sweet acomplishment, congrats! I'm interested on how you find out what pictures the AP is looking for? or how to submit photos to the AP?
  • DJTHEMACDJTHEMAC Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    can you link the image?
  • ccpickreccpickre Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    mpaulie wrote:
    That's a pretty sweet acomplishment, congrats! I'm interested on how you find out what pictures the AP is looking for? or how to submit photos to the AP?
    Apparently we just call and submit it.

I hope this opens many more doors for you, as I really enjoy your photojournalistic touch.
    Thanks! That means a lot since I'm usually hard on myself and walk out of an assignment feeling like I didn't do a good job :D

Here's the photo. As of yet, it hasn't been picked up.

197795498-L.jpg
    Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici