Options

If only we had this challenge over Christmas

ChristianChristian Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited March 1, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I took this Christmas morning not even 3 minutes after my 2 year old nice woke up and found she had a new hobbie horse. Of course, being biased, this has to be one of my favorite shots I've taken so far.
13977175-M-1.jpg
closely followed by this one, after Mom got to her hair and my nice was able to find her doll to share the ride with.
13977223-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    Wonderful shots of a cute little girl.

I took lots of emotion photos through the years, my family, places I went, etc.
    I emotion photos at a festival the night before this challenge.
    If I could use those, but I can't.........

The weather has changed, the festival is over, my family is in a different city. I took a picture the day the challenge opened, it was really intruding on the privacy of the people involved.......at a public restaurant. It is not the photo I want, the photo I want is an older person, one with wrinkles all over showing joy, loneliness, loss, something besides a child, which I have. I just don't have the heart to stalk older people through restaurants in the hope of snapping a photo.

In fact, with the weather the way it is, and my husband working all the time, I don't have the heart to go downtown and stalk the homeless: for me, or for them. It is cold. Was rainy, is now windy.

I had a thought a bit ago: show a middle age woman showing absolutely no emotion and call it, "A Botox Smile".

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 1, 2005
    great shots. beautiful little girl. #1 is so funny and she shows such joy. clap.gif
  • Options
    ChristianChristian Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:

I had a thought a bit ago: show a middle age woman showing absolutely no emotion and call it, "A Botox Smile".

ginger
    I like that!, Of course I do have a warped sense of humor too.

I had thought about trying to talk a movie theater owner into letting me take some candid shots of patrons during a show, but besides not having much time in my schedule, I think the lighting issues might defeat me. I wouldn't dream of using a flash while someone was trying to enjoy a movie.
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    Christian wrote:
    I took this Christmas morning not even 3 minutes after my 2 year old nice woke up and found she had a new hobbie horse. Of course, being biased, this has to be one of my favorite shots I've taken so far.
    13977175-M-1.jpg
    closely followed by this one, after Mom got to her hair and my nice was able to find her doll to share the ride with.
    13977223-M.jpg
    Wow, Great photo! thumb.gif
    She is so cute and very happy.

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    Photo's by Chuck: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/photosbychuck
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com