Options

Help - willing to pay!

leanne-bleanne-b Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
edited September 27, 2007 in Finishing School
Hi everyone,

I have a photo that I am desperate to improve, however it's far beyond my PhotoShop skills.

It is the only shot of the whole bridal party I have to present to the bride, and she would like three people removed from the photo. The three people are the young boys and the guy with his hand on the shoulder of the young boy on the far right. I also shot this image in jpeg at ISO 1600, so there is a lot of noise in the photo. The image is also very flat and dark.

Here is the full res link:
http://bp3.blogger.com/_4uiNgFpvwks/RvJTVnW9RSI/AAAAAAAAAi4/XCKC4fqfP2w/s1600-h/IMG_4358.JPG

Is anyone able to have a look at this for me? As stated, I am more than willing (and happy) to pay, it's just that I don't know where to find someone to do this (if it's at all possible).

Many thanks,

Leanne

Comments

• Options
    kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2007
    I think it's going to be extremely difficult to remove the people you want removed....but I'll let the real experts speak to that in case I'm wrong.

I did take a whack at general improvements on the image though. I brightened everyone up and added some color to the sky. Also applied some noise reduction. Used Nikon Capture NX and Noise Ninja. Oh and this is free of charge of course :) Edits took about 15 minutes or so...probably less. Hope you like it...

You can copy the original higher res photo here if you like it:
    http://www.smugmug.com/photos/198060772-O.jpg

198060772-L.jpg
  • Options
    Oh I love the colour in this!!! Thank you SO much for going to the trouble to improve the image, I really appreciate it! :D

Is there anyone out there that could help me remove the people if possible?

Many, many thanks,

Leanne
    kygarden wrote:
    I think it's going to be extremely difficult to remove the people you want removed....but I'll let the real experts speak to that in case I'm wrong.

I did take a whack at general improvements on the image though. I brightened everyone up and added some color to the sky. Also applied some noise reduction. Used Nikon Capture NX and Noise Ninja. Oh and this is free of charge of course :) Edits took about 15 minutes or so...probably less. Hope you like it...

You can copy the original higher res photo here if you like it:
    http://www.smugmug.com/photos/198060772-O.jpg

198060772-L.jpg
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    leanne-b wrote:
    Oh I love the colour in this!!! Thank you SO much for going to the trouble to improve the image, I really appreciate it! :D

Is there anyone out there that could help me remove the people if possible?

Many, many thanks,

Leanne

I don't see an easy way of removing the smaller kid without also removing the guy in back of him. You would have to create a believable shirt to replace the head, at a minimum. The problem gets worse if you bring out the detail in the legs. On the other hand, if that guy is expendable, then a simple crop would work. Maybe what you need is a forger, not a photographer...mwink.gif

Cheers,
  • Options
    You're so right. :) I think a bit of cropping would do the trick, but leaving the smaller kiddie in the photo. Oh well, have to make the best of a bad pic! Live and learn really!

Thanks guys for your help, I really appreciate it. :D
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    I don't see an easy way of removing the smaller kid without also removing the guy in back of him. You would have to create a believable shirt to replace the head, at a minimum. The problem gets worse if you bring out the detail in the legs. On the other hand, if that guy is expendable, then a simple crop would work. Maybe what you need is a forger, not a photographer...mwink.gif

Cheers,
  • Options
    nikosnikos Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    Can't finish this tonight since I have to leave for class now.

Just a couple layers of cloning thus far.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    Wow, that's pretty impressive, given the challenge.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    kygardenkygarden Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    It's a good thing the guy on the left is roughly the same size since that's he's having to share his shirt mwink.gif
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2007
    Looks like Nikos has the ball on this one. And doing a great job so far.
    Just to add in, instead of working on the legs at all. You may just want to insert a wall or lattice below the railing. The negative space between the legs is really distracting to me.

My .02

-Jon
  • Options
    ShebaJoShebaJo Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2007
    WOW... do I have a lot to learn. This is the place to find the answers.

I used to think pics were ruined if there were utility lines in them. DANG!
  • Options
    edited September 25, 2007
    FAR OUT!!!! I have only just had the chance to log back on here after caring for a sick mother in law, birthing pups and looking after my daughter - not that you all needed to know that of course, but after what has been a stressy week, this is like finding gold! I am ever so grateful for what you have done so far, I can't thank you enough. I would seriously like to compensate you - can you let me know how???! Would you also have any time to look at the lighting in this pic for me?

Kindest regards,

Leanne
    nikos wrote:
    Can't finish this tonight since I have to leave for class now.

Just a couple layers of cloning thus far.
  • Options
    pyrtekpyrtek Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    leanne-b wrote:
    Would you also have any time to look at the lighting in this pic
    for me?

For the lighting issues, try this: create a levels adjustment layer, don't adjust
    anything - just hit OK, then set the blending mode of the levels layer to
    Screen. You should see a huge improvement. Set the opacity to taste if the
    effect is too much.
  • Options
    k2butterk2butter Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    Very impressed with the photoshop job!!! AWESOME!!!! Also, that noise reduction job is VERY impressive!
  • Options
    nikosnikos Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2007
    I hope this will suffice -- I've been unusually busy this past couple of weeks and tonight is our wedding anniversary so I'm taking the lady out for dinner.

As for payment, this one's on me.

Regards,
    Nikos

Full Color
    Original
    201100958-L.jpg

Reduced opacity duotone
    Original
    201101033-L.jpg