Options

WTB: Sony F828

BrettBrett Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
edited September 26, 2007 in The Other Guys
I am looking to see if anyone has a Sony F828 for sale new or used as long as it's in great shape. I will be selling my Nikon D50 w/ Tamron 18-200 lens that is less than a year old and under 2000 clicks. I used to have a Sony F717 and loved it and used it everyday. I find with my Nikon I barely use it and want to return to the Sony. Call me crazy, but I just had better photos with my Sony and took alot more.

Anyways let me know if anyone has one to sell or trade.
Challenge 26 Winner "In Your House" :deal

Comments

• Options
    King of CanadaKing of Canada Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited September 20, 2007
    You should try to get your hands on an R1. THAT'S a great little camera. Not knocking the 828, but I'd like to get my hands on an R1 as a second camera.
    Canon 40D
    Canon 70-200mm F4L
    Sigma 30mm 1.4
    Crumpler 7 Million Dollar Home
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    The powers that be determined that my F828 was unrepairable. I still miss that camera, even though we still have a F707 in pretty good working order. (now my hubby's camera)

I have the a100 now, and I'm happy with it, but there are times when I miss that swivel lens, and the live preview...

Good luck with your search, hope you find one.
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    Brett... if you can't find one here, you might start watching CL. For example, here's a 717 FS in your area, I think.
    http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/pho/422225919.html

Even though there are no 828's listed right now, this might be a linky worth watching...

w/a 717 in the studio...
  • Options
    I thought about the R1 before I bought my Nikon but I couldn't do it. Something about the look of the camera pushed me away. I absolutly loved the F717 when I had it and wish I never sold it. But times change and now I'd love to get the F828. The F717 would be nice to hold again, but something about the F828 is calling me.

Thanks for the link, but I live in Canada. It happens all the time though.:D
  • Options
    mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    Har har. See Dee? Told you to keep that F828. Haha, I wont sell mine for anything. I'll look around if I find an F828 for sale, I will fwd it to you buddy.
  • Options
    SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    Brett wrote:
    Thanks for the link, but I live in Canada. It happens all the time though.:D
    D O H ! ! ! Oh, that Sudbury. You may also start at this linky then...
  • Options
    Seymore wrote:
    D O H ! ! ! Oh, that Sudbury. You may also start at this linky then...

Cool, thanks for the link. I'm keeping an eye out on eBay too but I figured I'd get the ball rolling with this site.
  • Options
  • Options
    King of CanadaKing of Canada Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited September 26, 2007
    Here's one that was for sale at the beginning of September in TO.

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-cameras-camcorders-Sony-DSC-F828-8mp-camera-2-x-512mb-MemorySticks-W0QQAdIdZ17263370

The guys has no clue as to what it is actualy worth (asking $1000) but I'm sure you could talk some sense into him. There's no way he sold it at that price.
    Canon 40D
    Canon 70-200mm F4L
    Sigma 30mm 1.4
    Crumpler 7 Million Dollar Home
  • Options
    Cyber6Cyber6 Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    The guys has no clue as to what it is actualy worth (asking $1000) but I'm sure you could talk some sense into him. There's no way he sold it at that price.

I find canadians, in general, are totally clueless about competitive pricing.eek7.gif

With the dollar almost the same, I am finding the deals south of the border quite enticing.. wings.gif

C.
    ~~ Never argue with an idiot -- he will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.~~
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    mr peas wrote:
    Har har. See Dee? Told you to keep that F828. Haha, I wont sell mine for anything. I'll look around if I find an F828 for sale, I will fwd it to you buddy.

It wasn't my choice to not keep it (Sob!) they couldn't or wouldn't repair it under the warranty...