Options

Table for 3

AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
edited March 3, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges

Comments

• Options
    thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    Minialism... well I don't really know the definition but I just like this picture. It's nice and clean and I like the colors. Good job.
    SMILE!
    Green rolleyes1.gifclap.gif
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Minimalism?

16726200-L.jpg
    Nice Shot! thumb.gif
    Cool shapes on the table.

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2005
    thanks Egg and Chuck. I appreciate the feedback.
  • Options
    mslammersmslammers Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    Peace
    Angelo wrote:
    thanks Egg and Chuck. I appreciate the feedback.
    In your signature, you state Peace. Is it any wonder that you have a Peace symbol here? Surely Minimalism.clap.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2005
    mslammers wrote:
    In your signature, you state Peace. Is it any wonder that you have a Peace symbol here? Surely Minimalism.clap.gif
    Wow, I never related that to this snap. Good eye Mel - Thanks. mwink.gif
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    Angelo, I just sent you a PM.

But why are you working on minimalism, still. I really do like this one. You will/can easily redo it next week, but we can't hand in minimalism til next week, or hand in anything done this week. Darn!

Please, everyone, re look at mine, I added two more of the girls, one at the top and one at the bottom.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Angelo, I just sent you a PM.

But why are you working on minimalism, still. I really do like this one. You will/can easily redo it next week, but we can't hand in minimalism til next week, or hand in anything done this week. Darn!

Please, everyone, re look at mine, I added two more of the girls, one at the top and one at the bottom.

ginger
    Oh shoot! (pun intended). I thought I could begin on "minimalism" since it was already announced. grrrrrrrrrrr.
  • Options
    thebiffusthebiffus Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    napkin shot
    I like it, sometimes simpler is better and there is enough there for me to appreciate all aspects of the pict taken. Cool shot!
    TEL

~There are moments when one has to choose between living one's own life, fully, entirely, completely - or dragging out some false, shallow, degrading existence that the world in its hypocrisy demands.~
  • Options
    Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    To be honest.....I am not sure about this one. It just does not do much for me. I do like the shapes in the table. Just not sure why I dont feel much for this shot.

Sorry, just did not want to say " oh nice shot I just love it" if I really didn'tne_nau.gif

Tim
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....
  • Options
    MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    hmmm...
    (am I starting too many of this with "hmmm..." sorry...)

I hate to make this two in a row...but it's not working for me either (as is).

I think you should pursue this idea a bit further, as it does have some merit.

What is distracting to me I think is the design of the table top (I forget what you call those swirls, but there is a name for it).

In spite of being a bit cliche' I think a plain white table top with the accent of the red napkins might work better. Make the table top *almost* blown out (like a high key look), with the red against it.

Also, I don't think the napkins should be cropped-pull back a bit so that all of the napkin is in the shot-OR-zoom in closer that only a small portion of each napkin is showing.
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2005
    To be honest.....I am not sure about this one. It just does not do much for me. I do like the shapes in the table. Just not sure why I dont feel much for this shot.

Sorry, just did not want to say " oh nice shot I just love it" if I really didn'tne_nau.gif

Tim
    Thanks for looking Tim
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2005
    Mongrel wrote:
    (am I starting too many of this with "hmmm..." sorry...)

I hate to make this two in a row...but it's not working for me either (as is).

I think you should pursue this idea a bit further, as it does have some merit.

What is distracting to me I think is the design of the table top (I forget what you call those swirls, but there is a name for it).

In spite of being a bit cliche' I think a plain white table top with the accent of the red napkins might work better. Make the table top *almost* blown out (like a high key look), with the red against it.

Also, I don't think the napkins should be cropped-pull back a bit so that all of the napkin is in the shot-OR-zoom in closer that only a small portion of each napkin is showing.
    Thanks Mongrel, I understand and appreciate your suggestions on the tabletop and napkin placement.