Options

Function

AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
edited March 3, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges

Comments

• Options
    BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    Looks to me more like "confusion"ism headscratch.gif Good shot, I just dont understand all the gadgets and gizmos ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2005
    BridgeCity wrote:
    Looks to me more like "confusion"ism headscratch.gif Good shot, I just dont understand all the gadgets and gizmos ne_nau.gif
    Yeah, I guess we'd have to be firemen to understand their use. eek7.gif
  • Options
    BridgeCityBridgeCity Registered Users Posts: 338 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    As I stare at this picture, it makes me want to just start pulling on things to see what happens :D Really this is a good shot that makes the viewer wonder what is going on thumb.gif
  • Options
    ChristB4UsChristB4Us Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited March 1, 2005
    Ironic

:haha
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    Angelo, I don't know that that is minimal, but it is interesting. And bridgecity wants to play with it all. That is interesting, too.

I shot two birds today, they blurred, not intentionally, but beautifully for minimalism.

I am purposely not going downtown to work on it until next week. It was so cold and windy today. I mean strong gusts. Where I was when those girl came by, it is the road to nowhere. It used to be train tracks to Sullivan's Island, they were demolished a long time ago. People would come out there, though, so last year it kind of became a park. I stayed for the sunset, not a good one, no clouds, but nice (as long as I was in my car out of the wind)

Those little girls in the golf cart type thing, and their family, had not come back yet when I left. I have photos for other places to post, am soooo tired.
    I gave the girls a bit more pop. The best I can do. I would hope it is not too snapshot ish.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    mslammersmslammers Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    Maximalism
    1drink.gifI would not want to stand in front of this when someone plays with the switches unless hoses were attached. I like the colors. Was that what attracted you?
    Angelo wrote:
    Minimalism?
    16726377-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2005
    I think the simplicity of the panel, the colors and how they shone in the sunlight all caught my eye.

In architecture part of "minimalist" means devoid of extraneous ornamentation.

I believe this panel fits that description, hence the title. But, back to basics... it caught my eye, so I snapped it! :D
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 2, 2005
    I think it's a cool shot (but then again, I always like this type of capture). My only comment is that I really wish those three dials on the top right weren't chopped a little.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited March 2, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    I think it's a cool shot (but then again, I always like this type of capture). My only comment is that I really wish those three dials on the top right weren't chopped a little.
    Thanks Doc... glad you like it. Funny about the dials; we all have such different ideas about composition. Right or wrong I purposely framed this so there was something "trimmed" on all 4 sides thinking that gave the impression of "more".
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    I like how the dials are placed, too. And the colors, the red, love the placement.

I am so tired of this stuff, I can't think of the words, but I like the panel, and I wouldn't touch it at all.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Thanks Doc... glad you like it. Funny about the dials; we all have such different ideas about composition. Right or wrong I purposely framed this so there was something "trimmed" on all 4 sides thinking that gave the impression of "more".
    Very true. I studied it for a while and did notice that all the sides had parts missing, but the dials were the only ones that I found unpleasing. Something about a circle needing to be closed for me.
    ne_nau.gif
    Erik

• Options
    edited March 2, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    Very true. I studied it for a while and did notice that all the sides had parts missing, but the dials were the only ones that I found unpleasing. Something about a circle needing to be closed for me.
    ne_nau.gif

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=anal%20retentive

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    MongrelMongrel Registered Users Posts: 622 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2005
    ahhh...hmmm....errrr...
    Initial impression-

Ahh...ok...it's a fire truck right? Too busy to be 'minimalism' (unless that was an intentional mis-titling which is cool). Something about it is just so....ahhh...technical? Looks like a shot out of a fire truck manual?

The cropped dials in the upper right would look better if they weren't chopped off as Dr. IT said (I guess I'm AR as well?).

For something like this to get my attention, it would have to be REALLY cropped down-like almost macro cropped. Chop it down so tight that it leaves your scratching your head trying to fiure out what the heck it is.

Is it a race car dash board? Is it a boat? Is it a piece of medical equipment? A bird? A plane? What IS IT!!!!!

ahhh....It's a control panel of a fire truck-COOL!
    If every keystroke was a shutter press I'd be a pro by now...
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2005
    Mongrel wrote:
    ...For something like this to get my attention, it would have to be REALLY cropped down-like almost macro cropped. Chop it down so tight that it leaves your scratching your head trying to fiure out what the heck it is.

Is it a race car dash board? Is it a boat? Is it a piece of medical equipment? A bird? A plane? What IS IT!!!!!

ahhh....It's a control panel of a fire truck-COOL!
    Interesting idea. You've given me a new outlook. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    yes, very much so. just the other day, i sold a battery grip to someone on FM - when he recieved it, he didn't believe that I'd actually used it. So it's good sometimes. :D
    Erik

• Options
    edited March 3, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    yes, very much so. just the other day, i sold a battery grip to someone on FM - when he recieved it, he didn't believe that I'd actually used it. So it's good sometimes. :D
    Trust me, I understand! I've been called AR so often I should adopt the initials! :D