Options

Peeka BOO!

DRebelGirlDRebelGirl Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
edited March 2, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
Taken on 2/27
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Shoot first...ask questions later! :thumb

Comments

• Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 1, 2005
    Oh this is just great. Who among us hasn't experienced this first-hand? Instantly brought a smile to my face. Congrats! thumb.gif
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    Thats a terrific shot ! I can sit & do that with babys all day long...they are great fun.
  • Options
    melmel Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    Terrific! And the color of that sweater drew me right to that wonderful face!
    clap.gif
  • Options
    Nee7x7Nee7x7 Registered Users Posts: 459 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    DRebelGirl wrote:
    Taken on 2/27

Now THIS photo is showing some real emotion! Great capture...

Only suggestion I'd have would be to go back and do some fine tuning on your editing...there are soft, fairly wide blur lines around the man and baby where it looks like you did a gaussian blur on the background, and came back with a blur brush to go around them. A wee bit more blending is all that's needed...

But all in all, this photo really is terrific! Fits the theme to a 'T', and it's fun to look at, too! thumb.gif

Cheers,
    ~Nee clap.gif
    http://nee.smugmug.com[/COLOR]
    http://www.pbase.com/rdavis

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried~
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2005
    Nee7x7 wrote:

Only suggestion I'd have would be to go back and do some fine tuning on your editing...there are soft, fairly wide blur lines around the man and baby where it looks like you did a gaussian blur on the background, and came back with a blur brush to go around them. A wee bit more blending is all that's needed...

But all in all, this photo really is terrific! Fits the theme to a 'T', and it's fun to look at, too! thumb.gif

Cheers,
    ~Nee clap.gif
    Thanks for the advice. Would you still use that type of blur or would you choose another effect? I want to keep them as the main subjects and get rid of the rest (we were at a birthday party).

I appreciate all of the feedback you guys are leaving me.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    Excellent shot! My only suggestion is to read this thread and try to clean up the blur around the little girl. The thread will help you isolate the background so you can blur it without splling the blur onto the girl.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    Nee7x7 wrote:

Cheers,
    ~Nee clap.gif
    NEE ~ agreed

what a fantastic shot. her expression is really priceless. great job! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 1, 2005
    Thanks!
    wxwax wrote:
    Excellent shot! My only suggestion is to read this thread and try to clean up the blur around the little girl. The thread will help you isolate the background so you can blur it without splling the blur onto the girl.
    Great thread...I always have problems with the magnetic lasso so there
    are alot of grest tips on that thread. I will try some of the techniques tonight and repost.
  • Options
    mslammersmslammers Registered Users Posts: 121 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    Ok
    DRebelGirl wrote:
    Taken on 2/27
    Great shot but I would crop just above the child's hands to force more focus on the two people.:):
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    DRebelGirl wrote:
    Taken on 2/27
    Great Shot! thumb.gif
    The only problem I have with it is the pink glow around the girl where the blur smeared the eage of the sweater. If, you can clean that up I think it would help.

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    Photo's by Chuck: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/photosbychuck
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2005
    I love it! I wish I could be constructively critical and come up with some insight or suggestion, but I just can't. Something about small kids makes their emotions so "genuine".
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    mslammers wrote:
    Great shot but I would crop just above the child's hands to force more focus on the two people.:):
    I agree with a tighter crop. I would crop the mans back and a smidge of the top of his head. Might play around with square format as well. wonderful expression.
    I agree with others about cleaning up the post work.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,006 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    great shot
    that is a great shot real nice !!!!!clap.gifclap.gif Jeff
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/