"Updated" date is screwed up!

SaltForkSaltFork Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
edited September 21, 2007 in SmugMug Support
"Update" times below the Category and Subcategory Icons show the update time for the FIRST Gallery in the SubCategory. For it to be accurate at the Category and Subcategory level, one would need to rearrange the galleries so the most recently updated one was ALWAYS first in line. This is bad. :puke1 Rearranging every time so that the "update time" will be accurate means that you can't maintain a consistent Feature Photo on the Subcategory and Category levels.

It should either show up only on the actual gallery where the choice to show it is made or it should accurately carry through to the Subcat and Cat level. As it is now, I have customers who have left my site thinking that it had not been updated when I had actually added lots of pictures to a gallery that was not first in line.

What am I missing?

I want the updated date information and the number of galleries to be there but it MUST be accurate....

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2007
    Hello wave.gif

The 'updated' time on the Categories does indeed show the time of the first gallery in that category, I'm sorry. We are aware of it, and it is to be fixed.

As a temporary fix, you could make sure that the most recent gallery is arranged as first gallery, perhaps?

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Holler if you have any questions!
  • SaltForkSaltFork Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    ivar wrote:
    Hello wave.gif

We are aware of it, and it is to be fixed.

Thanks! I look forward to seeing it fixed. How will I know when that happens?
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    SaltFork wrote:
    Thanks! I look forward to seeing it fixed. How will I know when that happens?
    Not sure if it will be mentioned specifically, but there is a release not blog: http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/ thumb.gif