Uploading Problem

melisalcmelisalc Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited October 4, 2007 in Digital Darkroom
I didn't know if you guys could help, but you guys are pretty darn smart so I figured it would be worth a shot. I just took pictures of 4 classes today for fall portraits. I haven't supplied myself with 2 memory cards so before I took pictures of the last class - I needed to upload some pictures to my computer. Well of course it took FOREVER just to get to the uploading section. In the middle of uploading using the Scanner and Camera Wizard feature on the windows side of my MacBook, I cancelled the upload b/c I only needed like maybe 200 picture space for the last class. Well before checking to make sure it uploaded - I closed it and went to finish the last class. Well it didn't upload anything to the folder that I chose. Is it still on my computer somewhere b/c why else would it take soooooo long to transfer if there isn't anything in there? Is it just hidding on my computer somewhere? Please let me know if you can help out in any way b/c i just lost about 200 pictures and i'm really freaking out. This is my first BIG job!

Comments

• SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2007
    Just figure out what the file names are.
    Do a search in spotlight for the first part of the filename.
    CMD click one of the files spotlight found and select "reveal in finder"
    Done.

How to figure out filenames? Load your memory card and find out what the first filename on your card is. I guearantee tha last image that loaded was right before that....

This should be a wake up call...
    NEVER set your transfer wizard (or whatever you use) to remove files from the source. Just have it copy the files. Then DO NOT format that card till you have confirmed w/ your own two eyes that the images are where you told them to go. Just cuz your machine says it's done'doesn't mean it is...

All the best,
    -Jon
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,237 moderator
    edited October 4, 2007
    melisalc, did you get your problem sorted out? ear.gif
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky