Nikon or Canon Convince me

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited September 22, 2007 in Cameras
Finally there is some light in sky for dslr after 3 years of using point and shoot. September was the month i got my 1st camera in 2004:huh.
Made enough to get a dslr and decent lenses:clap .
personally i love canon colors,built of Nikon and off camera flash function of Nikon.

Main objective. Decent Interior,food and people shots(no events). + as you know what else i like to shoot

Good news is that canon opened its dealership in Pakistan last week. :D

Suggest with keeping in mind that they are very very happy with my h5 results:rolleyes

I will ask about lenses after getting exact payment from client.
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2007
    http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/1134620

is there any question? lol3.gif

clap.gif w00p for Awais
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    Awais, As you can tell by this forum there are many Canon and many Nikon lovers. For myself, I have shot Nikon most of my life. I started out with a Canon AE-1 and switched after a friend who owned a camera store said he would loan me his big lenses if I went Nikon. Since then I have owned a F3, 8008, N90S, F100, D100 and currently the D200. I liked them all and have had no problems out of any of them. I take lots of photos. I too have looked with envy at some of the photos taken on this site with the Canon cameras. The colors make me drool. So, I don't think you can go wrong with either brand. Just get what will meet your needs. And get you a good lens. Having a local camera store might be a big plus too. It is always nice to go put your hands on something before you buy. That in itself might sway my decision a little bit. Good luck. We will be waiting for your decision and some more of your great photography.

Dave J.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    Awais, you will get great pictures either way, I'm sure. Don't lose any sleep over the decision. Go to a dealer and handle the cameras and go with whichever fits your budget and feels best to you. There are probably more Canon shooters on Dgrin than Nikon, but--silly jokes aside--I think most people recognize that both brands are excellent.

Have fun, don't worry, be happy. Then buy a Canon. :D
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    but--silly jokes aside--I think most people recognize that both brands are excellent.
    VERY TRUE!

Have fun, don't worry, be happy. Then buy a Canon. :D
    VERY TRUE!
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    You can't gp wrong with either brand. You said that Canon opened a dealership in Pakistan, does Nikon have a dealership too?. If not then it might be easier to go with Canon.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    Awais,

Congratulations on a paying client! clap.gif

It is very true that either brand, Nikon or Canon, gives you a great value, especially considering the latest additions. Other brands can also be tremendously nice cameras, but the availability of accessories and services is a consideration as well. I have a friend with Pentax equipment and he is awfully happy with his selection and, more importantly, he gets great results.

Like any major purchase, try before you buy, take any individual's opinion for what it is, and make the best decision you can based on the information you have at that moment.

New cameras are coming out so frequently now that it doesn't take too many years to "outgrow" a particular body, but it seems there is always a ready market to sell what you have and upgrade, or even sell everything and start over!

Good luck and keep us posted.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • sirsloopsirsloop Registered Users Posts: 866 Major grins
    damn... they got dealerships out there??eek7.gif Maybe maybe lease both rolleyes1.gif

jk buy canon duh thumb.gif
  • GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    As I have said for YEARS.....
    "It's the person behind the Camera that makes the photo not the Camera"!

Whatever you buy will reflect your talents. thumb.gif
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    Yes man thats true both cams produce marvel results.

Nikon dealer is very expensive they sale 105mm vr macro for 1200$ !
    I will email my friend to ask prices. I will throw online food party soon ! rolleyes1.gif
    if things remained normal.

Just waiting for monday to get payment. Then i can tell ya how much lenses i need :D.

Thanks again
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    Congratulations Awais! I'm sure you will work your magic with any brand of camera you purchase. But since there is a new Canon dealership in town.........seems only logical! mwink.gif