Final questions before becoming smugmuger

BountyphotographerBountyphotographer Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited September 22, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I am still not sure about choosing the power or the pro account.
My goal is to sell some pictures to the public/friends..... I am not a pro photographer and far from it.
While I know that the Pro account will let me just do that, it seems more complicated to set up. Also I will receive a form for tax purpose.
Can I sell some pictures at all while setting my own price with the power account, or the price is set up and can't be change.

What are the main differences between these two accounts besides $$$ ?

Thanks for any advices from moderator and users

PB:photo
:photo

Comments

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2007
    I am still not sure about choosing the power or the pro account.
    My goal is to sell some pictures to the public/friends..... I am not a pro photographer and far from it.
    While I know that the Pro account will let me just do that, it seems more complicated to set up. Also I will receive a form for tax purpose.
    Can I sell some pictures at all while setting my own price with the power account, or the price is set up and can't be change.

What are the main differences between these two accounts besides $$$ ?

Thanks for any advices from moderator and users

PB:photo
    Hello wave.gif

Pictures you can sell with any of our accounts; Standard, Power user and Pro. However, the Pro account is the only one that will allow you to set a custom pricing and make a profit. The prints that will be sold on a Standard and Power user account will be sold at default prices, at no profit to you.

Setting up is really not that difficult at all actually. I would suggest reading our help page on custom pricing. It only takes you a few minutes, and explains pretty much everything.
    The important stuff:
    -Portfolio pricing sets pricing for all galleries. Gallery pricing overrides the Portfolio pricing. Image pricing overrides both the Portfolio- and the Gallery pricing.
    -If you do not want to sell a certain product, set the price to 0 (zero)
    -Leaving a price field 'blank' will sell items at default cost (or if you set it blank at Gallery pricing level, will take on the price set at the Portfolio level).
    -When you are logged in, we will always charge you the default prices, never your custom prices.

Other differences in between Power user and Pro account:
    The filesize limit (24MB for Pro instead of 12 for Power)
    Watermarking on Pro account.
    Some more image protection methods.
    Backprinting
    Custom hostname usage.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions!
  • BountyphotographerBountyphotographer Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2007
    welllllllll..........
    Thank you. I guess that the pro account seems more versatile.

Ok, I am drafting what I would like my smugmug site to look like and I think that I will go with the Pro account.

thank you

Bountyphotographer

:photo Shoot first ask later
    :photo