Miguel

AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
edited September 26, 2007 in People
I was asked to shoot an employee portrait for a birthday celebration...

I'd love to hear feedback. Thanks.

198849953-M.jpg

edit: with suggested corrections

198867458-M.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited September 22, 2007
    Nice shot. I would try to do something about the shiny spot on the forehead. While you're at it, the blue/gray blob in the upper left and the two light orange spots on the right could all be eliminated fairly easily. Picky, picky.

Cheers,
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    15524779-Ti.gif Watch your background and keep in mind Angelo, that I don't follow my own advice! rolleyes1.gif Looks like you might have been able to turn your direction slightly and miss the dark object on the floor (mat?). His hair gets somewhat lost against it. Nice expression and I like the angle you shot from. I always have horizons running through my subject's heads, so I'm not sure I'm qualified to voice an opinon. rolleyes1.gif
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    Different shirt ? Another color contrasting with the background ? ne_nau.gif
    Nice catch light !
    :Dthumb.gif
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
    edited September 23, 2007
    Different shirt ? Another color contrasting with the background ?
    Nice catch light !

Antonio - unfortunately that wasn't an option but thanks for looking and for the suggestion.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    nice shot, angelo-

neat perspective-
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    Really nice, Angelo, I'll bet your subject is really pleased.

Virginia

Email
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    thumb.gif Nice improvements!
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    I like the angle. Maybe lighten the shaded area behind his head a little
    bit so that he stands out.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
    edited September 25, 2007
    gefillmore wrote:
    nice shot, angelo-

neat perspective-

thank you George! wave.gif
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    I like the angle on this shot.

Personally, I think the skin tones are better on your first version. Looks a little washed out on the second.
    Flyinggina wrote:
    Really nice, Angelo, I'll bet your subject is really pleased.

Virginia

He was... he was surprised at how good it came out...

I think I was insulted lol3.gif
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    Hola Angelo from Los Angeles...

Looking at the photos I really like the color tone of the 1st one with just a bit of lightening up, I would use a healing brush perhaps to get rid of the glare on his forehead. I would definently be careful of background distractions with this sort of perspective (which I like btw Have done a few like this.)

Photo 2 for some reason to me is just a TAD too bright...you lost the nice tones of the shirt and texture detail, and for lack of better words his skin tone doesn't look natural to me....

He is of latin origin right?? That skin tone usually has more Yellow than Cyan hue tone. I might have just brought down the magenta in the first shot, and added a touch of cyan to it.

And if he had no objection to it...I might have removed the "Beauty Marks" that are very prominent on his right side. I also like that twinkle he has in his eyes....I would have done a selective lasso on the pupil, added a touch of contrast, dodge the catchlight a bit, and then hit it with a touch of unsharpen mask...and then at very low opacity hit is with the sharpen brush for added kick, To bring out his eyes...

Regards,
    Donna
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    saurora wrote:
    thumb.gif Nice improvements!

thank you thumb.gif

thanks for the advice
    ian408 wrote:
    I like the angle. Maybe lighten the shaded area behind his head a little
    bit so that he stands out.

Thanks Ian. An excellent example of the PS skills I need to develop.
    Mitchell wrote:
    I like the angle on this shot.

Personally, I think the skin tones are better on your first version. Looks a little washed out on the second.

Hey Mitch: You're right, they are. I rushed through the second version addressing the light issues suggested earlier and didn't properly adjust curves before saving.
    Thanks for looking thumb.gif
    Tentacion wrote:
    Hola Angelo from Los Angeles...

Looking at the photos I really like the color tone of the 1st one with just a bit of lightening up, I would use a healing brush perhaps to get rid of the glare on his forehead. I would definently be careful of background distractions with this sort of perspective (which I like btw Have done a few like this.)

Photo 2 for some reason to me is just a TAD too bright...you lost the nice tones of the shirt and texture detail, and for lack of better words his skin tone doesn't look natural to me....

He is of latin origin right?? That skin tone usually has more Yellow than Cyan hue tone. I might have just brought down the magenta in the first shot, and added a touch of cyan to it.

And if he had no objection to it...I might have removed the "Beauty Marks" that are very prominent on his right side. I also like that twinkle he has in his eyes....I would have done a selective lasso on the pupil, added a touch of contrast, dodge the catchlight a bit, and then hit it with a touch of unsharpen mask...and then at very low opacity hit is with the sharpen brush for added kick, To bring out his eyes...

Regards,
    Donna

YIKES!!!!! rolleyes1.gif

Donna, you raise all good points and some I've explained but I am not very skilled in photoshop so most of your recommendations will come after a much longer learning curve. eek7.gifD
    Angelo wrote:
    YIKES!!!!! rolleyes1.gif

Donna, you raise all good points and some I've explained but I am not very skilled in photoshop so most of your recommendations will come after a much longer learning curve. eek7.gifD

My most humblest apologies Angelo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    Tentacion wrote:
    My most humblest apologies Angelo....

none necessary :D
    edited September 26, 2007
    Angelo wrote:
    none necessary :D

Thanks for letting me play Angelo....Hope it meets your needs...

Donna

280216554.jpg
  • PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    Great Capture Angelo!

Nicely done post work Donna.
    Thanks Paul...it was a great photo to begin with.