It's part of a person...tell me what you think

thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
edited March 5, 2005 in People
Hello,
This picture was not set up it wasn't even really thought about until after I took it and now I really enjoy it. Tell me what you think I would really like some feedback to see if others enjoy it too.
SMILE!
Green
Green is the way to be!
ashleyharding.smugmug.com

Comments

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 1, 2005
    Hey egg; well the colors are nice! :D

Ya know, photography is art and as with any expression of art you put it out there and let people look. Some will ignore, some will consider and discard and others will take time to ponder the work, wonder about it, try to figure it and you out. Others still will come up with explanations you never thought of. rolleyes1.gif

Have fun.
  • CosmicCosmic Registered Users Posts: 219 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    The backpack with the Canada Flag adds a nice touch to the travel scene. thumb.gif Not that I'm biased or anything... mwink.gif

Lively colours and the picture makes you wonder where the person has been, or where they're headed.

~Heidi~
    Lead me not into Temptation. I can find the way myself....

• thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    Heidi,
    Or where they're from. Canadian born and breed. I was going to comment on the bit of national pride.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
  • thebiffusthebiffus Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited March 2, 2005
    feet
    I really like the color contrast, I like to wonder about the way the person is sitting, the way one jean leg is unravelling on one side but not the other, and the national pride is cool. My only comment is maybe there is too much red carpet, have the feet centered a bit more. Otherwise, nice!
    TEL

~There are moments when one has to choose between living one's own life, fully, entirely, completely - or dragging out some false, shallow, degrading existence that the world in its hypocrisy demands.~
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 3, 2005
    I assume you're going for a bit of "abstract" style with this photo. It's a bit overexposed, and lacking focus (couldn't find anything in the frame that was in focus). So I guess, I understand, but I'm having a hard time deciding if it's on purpose, or you just missed on the soft side. If it is on purpose, enhance it even more, nail the contrast and really do it. It's a little crooked too - angles are good, but these are too small, so they just make it look skewed. Nothing a little PS can't fix.

I like the idea, for sure.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited March 5, 2005
    I think some of the reason that everything is a little blurry was because everything was really in focus and then when I resized everything went funny. I don't think I understand what you said about teh angles. I have a Jasc Paint Shop Program that I tried to mess around with. I made the background more blurry than the shoes and I left the orginal color. What do you think...
    Green is the way to be!