More garage portraits

2»

Comments

• SitterSSitterS Registered Users Posts: 586 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2007
    Mitch these are great just as many before me have stated. You have a beautiful family and that son of yours certainly does resemble Harry Connick Jr. Think you just lit a fire under me to try the garage shots.

White foam board? Did you get this from a craft store.

Shane
    www.imagesbyshane.smugmug.com

Blogs:
    www.imagesbyshane.blogspot.com

Canon 20d and 40d
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 85mm 1.8
    Canon 70-200L IS 2.8
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    I stumbled upon this thread again Mitch and just have to reiterate, when that first pic loads, it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. bowdown.gifbowbowdown.giflustiloveyou.giflust

High praise from you, Lynne. Thanks a bunch!!!
    edited October 2, 2007
    SitterS wrote:
    Mitch these are great just as many before me have stated. You have a beautiful family and that son of yours certainly does resemble Harry Connick Jr. Think you just lit a fire under me to try the garage shots.

White foam board? Did you get this from a craft store.

Shane

I bought the largest piece of white foam core board that they had at Michaels. Best $2.99 I've spent on photo related gear.:D
    edited October 2, 2007
    gluwater wrote:
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Any parent would be ecstatic to have shot like these of their kids and most photographers hope to be able to take portraits like these. Your skills have grown as fast as your kids Mitch. That's a nice self portrait also. The only thing I think doesn't fit is that your picture is darker than that of your kids. Alone I wouldn't notice but with the shots of your kids I think it sticks out. Did you change the lighting for your shot?

Thanks, Nick.

I've certainly come a long way in the past 2 years as a photographer. My friends here have a lot to do with that.

The portrait of me is darker. I suspect I toned down the exposure to avoid blowing out my white shirt. My skin is also darker than my children's. We are compulsive about sunblock and hats for them since we live in Florida.

Thanks for looking and commenting!
  • SuweidongSuweidong Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited October 3, 2007
    very very nice pictures! I like them.

these pictures give me happy feel!!!

Your skill is excellent!!!

My english is not enough well, so I can not express all of my feeling! But I really like these photos.thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
    :barb Welcome visit my picture website--http://www.webphotos.cn :ivar