Options

WTB: Canon 300 2.8

gregt1310gregt1310 Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
edited October 6, 2007 in House of Canon
Looking for a little more reach than the 70-200 offers.

IS or non-IS.

Let me know if you've got one.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    mike_kmike_k Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2007
    Hey Greg,

I've got a 300 2.8L IS that I've been thinking about selling. I've had it for about 6 months, but it is still in brand new condition. I've not used it at all. It's never even been mounted on my camera :cry . I have been thinking about asking $3,300 for it, plus shipping (from Cincinnati, OH). Let me know if you're interested. Of course I can provide pictures of it.
  • Options
    NewTekBuzzNewTekBuzz Registered Users Posts: 131 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2007
    mike_k wrote:
    Hey Greg,

I've got a 300 2.8L IS that I've been thinking about selling. I've had it for about 6 months, but it is still in brand new condition. I've not used it at all. It's never even been mounted on my camera :cry . I have been thinking about asking $3,300 for it, plus shipping (from Cincinnati, OH). Let me know if you're interested. Of course I can provide pictures of it.

WOW ...you never mounted it? thats just CRAZY!
  • Options
    NewTekBuzz wrote:
    WOW ...you never mounted it? thats just CRAZY!

I know, I know... I have a 100-400 IS - When I bought the 300 I thought I'd be able to use it without the wife being able to notice I was using a different lens. When I first got a look at this bad boy I realized just how wrong I was. I've been waiting to win the lottery, or for some inheritance from a long lost uncle or for some other cash windfall that would allow me to "officially" own this lens but that hasn't happened. :cry I was smart enough to know that if I ever tried it out I would never want to sell it and I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to bring it to a ball game - at which point life as I know it would change forever...
  • Options
    mike_k wrote:
    I know, I know... I have a 100-400 IS - When I bought the 300 I thought I'd be able to use it without the wife being able to notice I was using a different lens. When I first got a look at this bad boy I realized just how wrong I was. I've been waiting to win the lottery, or for some inheritance from a long lost uncle or for some other cash windfall that would allow me to "officially" own this lens but that hasn't happened. :cry I was smart enough to know that if I ever tried it out I would never want to sell it and I wouldn't be able to resist the temptation to bring it to a ball game - at which point life as I know it would change forever...

well that sucks mike. I want that lens REALLY bad but wont have the funds for 2-3 months yet. If you want.. send that thing to me and ill test it out free of charge :) j/k good luck man
  • Options
    NewTekBuzz wrote:
    well that sucks mike. I want that lens REALLY bad but wont have the funds for 2-3 months yet. If you want.. send that thing to me and ill test it out free of charge :) j/k good luck man
    Thanks for the kind offer... Actually, I think I've found a good home for it. :D
  • Options
    edited September 25, 2007
    mike_k wrote:
    Hey Greg,

Mike - Sent you an email.
    GT
  • Options
    dablandablan Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    Hey NewTekBuzz - any relation to NewTek, aka Video Toaster and LightWave 3D in San Antonio?
    Dan Ablan
    Photographer, Author, 3D Animator, Instructor
    BOOKS | TRAINING | PHOTOGRAPHY | 3D ANIMATION
  • Options
    dablan wrote:
    Hey NewTekBuzz - any relation to NewTek, aka Video Toaster and LightWave 3D in San Antonio?

Hey dablan...

Yes NewTekBuzz came from my Lightwave 5.5 Days... still have lic. copy of 5.5 :) never updated the software but kept the name
  • Options
    edited September 30, 2007
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2007