Options

How do you store your gells?

SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
edited October 1, 2007 in Technique
I use a business card holder that has seven seperate plastic compartments. I usually store 3 or 4 of the same gels in each compartment.

What do you do?

-Jon

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2007
    bump
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    TanukiTanuki Registered Users Posts: 184 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2007
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    I use a business card holder that has seven seperate plastic compartments. I usually store 3 or 4 of the same gels in each compartment.

What do you do?

-Jon

I've been keeping mine loose in my bag, but I'm not happy about it. I need to look for a better solution. I'll have to take a look at business card holders. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mike
  • Options
    jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    Well I have some, but don't know how to use them yet. I plan to store them in either an audio cd wallet, or the chap $.99 photo flip books at the register in the Walmart photo processing dept.
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    It seems not many know about or how to easily store gels.
    Good to know though. I'll post my blog w/ a quick and dirty solution and h ow to use those crazy things as well!

Thanks Mike & Jeff.
  • Options
    LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2007
    Usually I carry CTO, 1/2 CTO, straw, and 1/2 CTB in a small pocket of my main camera bag. My creative color gels live in the top pocket of my lighting bag; I cut those as I need them and so far I don't have a big selection.