camera info on CAPTION line?

dididaniellephotodididaniellephoto Registered Users Posts: 109 Major grins
edited February 11, 2008 in SmugMug Support
One of my cameras photos show up on the website after uploading with the camera name in the caption line of every single one of it's photos! Do I seriously have to go through and 'edit' every caption to get it off there? This doesn't happen with any other camera, but I have almost 100 that need to disappear and it's quite time consuming, is it necessary to delete that by hand?

: ) Didi

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2007
    Some camera makes put the makernote in the iptc description field, we're sorry for their lameness.

Use edit captions / keywords (bulk) under the photo in the gallery, and clean 'em all up at once thumb.gif
  • dididaniellephotodididaniellephoto Registered Users Posts: 109 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Some camera makes put the makernote in the iptc description field, we're sorry for their lameness.

Use edit captions / keywords (bulk) under the photo in the gallery, and clean 'em all up at once thumb.gif

YAY! Thanks!!!

: ) Didi
  • EleniEleni Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited February 11, 2008
    Is there any way to prevent the camera info from even showing up in the captions box. In the album customization, I have the "show file name" checked, but it always gets over rided. I have a lot of albums.

Thanks,
    Eleni
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2008
    Eleni wrote:
    Is there any way to prevent the camera info from even showing up in the captions box. In the album customization, I have the "show file name" checked, but it always gets over rided. I have a lot of albums.

Thanks,
    Eleni
    Hi Eleni,

Unfortunately, it is not. some camera (Olympus is famous for it, but there others as well) put their info in the IPTC caption tag.

The caption tag takes priority over the filenames. The only way to do that is on a gallery by gallery basis, and use the bulk captions tool.

If you can somehow use a bulk tool on your images prior to them being uploaded to Smug, that would work as well.
  • george-1george-1 Registered Users Posts: 48 Big grins
    edited February 11, 2008
    Eleni wrote:

I downloaded EXIFTool GUI http://freeweb.siol.net/hrastni3/foto/exif/exiftoolgui.htm

It's for windows, and allows bulk editing of EXIF info, including the caption field.