• HarleyPugsHarleyPugs Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2007
    Better????
    Gary Glass wrote:
    Very dark and blurry.

1429862161_162704fb58.jpg
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2007
    It feels muddy to me... could be my monitor... this one isn't calibrated like my other one.

Also, if your emphasis is the "light" on the lit cigar, it feels too far away or incidental to the shot. I'd like to see a really tight crop on the poker player with the lit cigar right in your face.
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2007
    2nd one is much better....
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • HarleyPugsHarleyPugs Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2007
    Thanks...
    Felicia wrote:
    It feels muddy to me... could be my monitor... this one isn't calibrated like my other one.

Also, if your emphasis is the "light" on the lit cigar, it feels too far away or incidental to the shot. I'd like to see a really tight crop on the poker player with the lit cigar right in your face.
    \

The intent was to show a dark, smokey back room poker room. For some reason it was the first thing I thought of when I read the topic for this contest. Could be because I play a lot of poker. I have to admit I wanted the cigar to "light" the glasses up a little more....but since it was a staged photo shoot...and I didn't want to waste a good cigar...I was a little tired of puffing on that one...;)

The the first shot, I had it really smokey and I think that is causing the muddy feel.

The second one is definitely more sharp.

Thanks for the comments.

Jon