A Few More of the SR Pics

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited September 24, 2007 in People
These are the last for now that I had found on a different CF Card. I will, weather providing, be shooting photos of a coworker's son next weekend. The weather here has finally calmed from the super hot, muggy mess that caused me to temporarily stop scheduling for the last month and a half!!!

C&C is always welcome!

199533885-L.jpg

199532161-L.jpg

199531888-M.jpg

199530659-L.jpg

199533022-L.jpg

Comments

• urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2007
    I LOVE #2!!!! WOW!!! this one has it all! The others are cute (esp. #4! yay personality!) but that one, man, is a stunner! Her hair looks a *tad* blown, but the background and colors are just perfect, and her pose is cute and natural. Full length shots are really difficult for me, so I am definitely taking note! Great texture on her jeans. Love your use of thirds here. My favorite of your senior shots so far! iloveyou.gif

(no really Lynne, tell us how you really feel!)
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    1 and 2 are really nice! Great poses for SR portraits. The stray hair over her eye bothers me. This may be her style, but your daughter has beautiful eyes, and this detracts from the image.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    urbanaries wrote:
    I LOVE #2!!!! WOW!!! this one has it all! The others are cute (esp. #4! yay personality!) but that one, man, is a stunner! Her hair looks a *tad* blown, but the background and colors are just perfect, and her pose is cute and natural. Full length shots are really difficult for me, so I am definitely taking note! Great texture on her jeans. Love your use of thirds here. My favorite of your senior shots so far! iloveyou.gif

(no really Lynne, tell us how you really feel!)

Thanks Lynne.

I was happy with the flash results on #2. It was also used on 1 and 4. I thought FEC might have been set to high on 4 because it was a bit flashy, but I couldn't toss the betty boop pose. Thanks for the feedback. There is so much to learn, and the good critiques really help....especially when technically a phot is fine, but is just lacking a certain .....something.

In other news, my wife tried to print one of my daughters headshots today at WAlmart, .....because we needed it ASAP, and they refused. I had to go up there....present my business card, a ID, and sign a waiver to get my own photo printed. I know what the goal here is, but it was a huge hassle for a [EMAIL="halfa#@ed"]halfa#@ed[/EMAIL] print. I argued that there was no watermark or anything else that should have led them to believe it was copyrighted. They said it needs no watermark.....but only has to look professional. I guess that is a compliment. BTW while I was waiting for my print, another lady scanned and printed a wedding picture to make copies. It wasn't as good as most of the wedding photos I see here, but had obviously been lit from multiple sources. They didn't even ask her a single question. It seems that if a photo has a sharp subject and a blurred background it is professional!!!
    Mitchell wrote:
    1 and 2 are really nice! Great poses for SR portraits. The stray hair over her eye bothers me. This may be her style, but your daughter has beautiful eyes, and this detracts from the image.

It's her style. I would rather see her eyes, and constantly sacrifice nice candid shots to tell her to brush it away from her eyes. In the end though, it is her style, and it is an image of her, so..........
    jeffreaux2 wrote:

In other news, my wife tried to print one of my daughters headshots today at WAlmart, .....because we needed it ASAP, and they refused. I had to go up there....present my business card, a ID, and sign a waiver to get my own photo printed. I know what the goal here is, but it was a huge hassle for a halfa#@ed print. I argued that there was no watermark or anything else that should have led them to believe it was copyrighted. They said it needs no watermark.....but only has to look professional. I guess that is a compliment. BTW while I was waiting for my print, another lady scanned and printed a wedding picture to make copies. It wasn't as good as most of the wedding photos I see here, but had obviously been lit from multiple sources. They didn't even ask her a single question. It seems that if a photo has a sharp subject and a blurred background it is professional!!!

That is actually really, really cool. But I agree with you the scanners are the major source of the copyright infringers..........if you have the digital file, chances are you got it honestly (at least, better chance than the folks scanning). I am glad to hear that even WalMart photofinishers still care. If we pros give them enough heck, maybe they think WE don't care....just a thought....mwink.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    urbanaries wrote:
    That is actually really, really cool. But I agree with you the scanners are the major source of the copyright infringers..........if you have the digital file, chances are you got it honestly (at least, better chance than the folks scanning). I am glad to hear that even WalMart photofinishers still care. If we pros give them enough heck, maybe they think WE don't care....just a thought....mwink.gif

Well, I didn't actually give them a hard time about anything other than a comment about some streaking in the fark areas i he BG on the print. They offered to redo it on the one hour machine...matte finish, but I didn't have time. My wife, however, got into it pretty well with the saleswoman, whom she said was very rude about it all, and made my wife to feel as if she was stealing something. Belittled my wife.
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    My wife, however, got into it pretty well with the saleswoman, whom she said was very rude about it all, and made my wife to feel as if she was stealing something. Belittled my wife.

That's not good! Never cool to do that. Sorry it sounds like a huge pain to deal with!
    Canon 5D MkI