Options

My #13

davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
edited September 24, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
The door down the hall.

Taken in a ghost town in Montana.

199639090-O.jpg
dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.

Comments

• Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2007
    Very nice. And it even comes with a ghost!

If it were mine, I would try straightening the lower right to eliminate the peek into the side room from the photo without losing the light. The slanted doorway, the brightness of the bit of the room in view and the dark post (?) just inside to the left of the door keep drawing my eye away from the hallway -- and the ghostly presence on the stairs.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    Nice shot...I have to agree, I would crop up a little from the bottom and get rid of the triangular light that is escaping from the left...
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Options
    davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I didn't even see that area, I was to busy trying to get the b & w conversion right.
    This is the version that's going into the challenge.
    I don't think I'll have another chance to post before the deadline.

How's this?

199767026-O.jpg
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    I really like this image, but to me the door is a great focal point and the image on the stairs is not needed. With the person there it feels a little more contrived to me, without it it feels classic. Does need a little straightening though.
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6