LPS#13 - Opinions Please

GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
edited September 26, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I would love to hear C&C on these three versions of the same image.

Thanks a bunch!
Emily

#1 Slightly less saturation
199803838-L.jpg

#2 Original shot
199803992-L.jpg

#3 Black and White
199804064-L.jpg
Emily
Psalm 62:5-6

Comments

• VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2007
    Way cool! I love it! bowdown.gif number 3 because I can see the grin and expressive eyes on the girls face!

Winston
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    I really like the B/W...your ghostly vision has more detail...and the curves of the motion blur seem to flow more have more of a silky effect to me..."Pandora's Box??"..lol

JMO
    Donna :D
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • fashiznitsngrinsfashiznitsngrins Registered Users Posts: 220 Major grins
    Definitely #3. The b/w gives it a whole new feel and actually seems to get more definitition. Very clever!
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    VERY cool shot! I'm torn because I like the color in #1 but the detail of #3. Then again, I'm really a color junkie. Your #3 is probably the best of the options.
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • MarkToddMarkTodd Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    Awesome shot! I definitely like #3.
  • Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    Green,

I thought this image was really a cool idea, before I even realized there was a little girl in the light-vapors. I'd kinda like to see a version without the little girl in it. It kinda reminds me of the the movie Raiders of the Lost Ark when they opened the ark. With the little girl in it, it seems to have a Raiders of the Lost Ark/What Lies Beneath feel (I'm apparently in a movie reference mood today). Also, the briefcase in pump fiction is coming to mind. I'll stop with the movies now. I really like it however, very nice. For what it's worth, probably my second favorite of what I have seen so far.

Oh, one thing it is missing that I am very curious to see is its title. If you came up with a good title, I would even suggest hold off and reshoot this for the semis. Unless of course you've already got another fabulous idea for that :)

Doh, and by the way, I like #1 the most, being another color junkie. I think the light is more interesting with its golden color, coming out of a chest and all.
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    Thank you everyone for your comments!
    Emily

• HarleyPugsHarleyPugs Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    #3...
    like others have said the girls face really shines in #3....

Nice shot!

Jon
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    Very cool!
    I love the detail in the b/w. Very well executed.

Is it just me or have we all turned into horror photographers this round? It must be the time of year. :D
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    Pandora?

As is I prefer the B&W version. The color versions feel blown out on her forhead and forearm. I think it is worth trying to pull back those highlights enough to recover color and detail. If you are thinking of reshooting, you might try it with her wearing cool colors to get better color contrast with the environment.
    LiquidAir wrote:
    Pandora?

As is I prefer the B&W version. The color versions feel blown out on her forhead and forearm. I think it is worth trying to pull back those highlights enough to recover color and detail. If you are thinking of reshooting, you might try it with her wearing cool colors to get better color contrast with the environment.

Thanks for the input. She was actually wearing purple and green, but the color temp of the lights was very warm.
    Emily

• HarleyPugsHarleyPugs Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    lol....
    Travis wrote:
    I love the detail in the b/w. Very well executed.

Is it just me or have we all turned into horror photographers this round? It must be the time of year. :D

No horror in my entry...other than my ugly mug posing....

Jon
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    I LOVE this. Defnitely the B&W for me. clap.gif
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    Thanks for the input. She was actually wearing purple and green, but the color temp of the lights was very warm.

Wow. Ok, I can see it now; the blue channel is almost completely missing from the light source so the green and purple turn yellow and red.

The shot works is wonderfully concieved and executed and works great, particularly in black and white. While I don't think it is necessary, if you would really like to do it in full color, one thing to try would be to use white LEDs rather than incandescents.
    Thanks again to you all for the comments and input. I do actually prefer the B&W version myself so I think I'll stick with that one. You all are the best!
    Emily

• HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    I really like the 2nd one, the "original" shot. Just seems that treasure ought to have some color to it.
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2007
    The B & W is stunning and I see you've entered it. Good choice! thumb.gif
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2007
    Good on ya, Emily! I can't wait for the behind-the-scenes on this one.